Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shortydrummer21

shortydrummer21

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 04 December 2004 - 09:45 PM

i just put in a sorta new motherboard and graphics card to my old micon millienia. I can hear the hard drives,(1 180 @7200 and 1 20 @7200) and the fans on the grpphics card, motherboard and case all start up. however the screen does not light up. It is recieving something from the computar, because if i unplug the computar the monitar tells me it is working and just needs input. also i hooked it up to this computar and it worked. what should i do!

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shortydrummer21

shortydrummer21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2004 - 09:51 PM

oh yeah, i forgot to say that it is a asrock mother board, k7v88 witha n athelion processor. i don't know what my old motherboard was, but it was a pentium 3

thanks again!

#3 shortydrummer21

shortydrummer21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2004 - 10:12 PM

also should i have turned it on first with my old graphics card?

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:15 AM

Try it with on-board video and sound, one stick of RAM, and one HD and see if it will come on then.

You might also look at the pins coming from the monitor to make sure that one of them is not bent.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users