Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi! Please.. Is my Moms computer clean, & how block specific IP from MBAM log/

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 raymj49

raymj49

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:31 AM

Wrong forum, thanks

Edited by raymj49, 22 February 2016 - 04:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:03 AM

I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

OP already has a long thread over in Am I infected? What do I do?  I have no idea why he is posting here too.

#4 raymj49

raymj49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

separate issue. that issue was resolved, this is on a completely different computer the OS is windows 10. reposted in malware section, 

I thanks you, its considerate to be direct, appreciated usasma

other dude, wows. Speaking about people infront of them as if they aren't there (based on assumption they won't understand what you said?) seemed kinda snooty... People make mistakes, such as not posting in the right section, or maybe not completely reading my other thread... none of us are better than any one else, we only have different skills and experiences from which we learn, thus we all have equal intrinsic value

Original Poster wishes you well

She (me, it)

sorry..... its that time.  anyone know how to dlete this thread?

Edited by raymj49, 22 February 2016 - 10:53 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

Sometimes there are language difficulties that aren't obvious at first glance.

Also, a lot of us don't have great people skills, so we may make mistakes (I know that I do).

But our hearts are in the right place, we want to help, and we do it for free.

So please bear with us.

The folks over in the Am I Infected forum (   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ ) are more well-versed in advising you about the IP address(s) and your options for blocking it/them.

If it's beyond them, then the next step is the folks over in the Networking forums (   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/21/networking/ )

Good Luck!

Edited by usasma, 22 February 2016 - 05:31 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

separate issue. that issue was resolved, this is on a completely different computer the OS is windows 10.

Sorry.  My mistake.

#7 raymj49

raymj49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:45 PM

Thank you very much gentlemen i wish you both the best

#8 raymj49

raymj49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:48 PM

yours hearts are definitely in the right place, you guys have saved me so much grief over the last few years, thank you

#9 raymj49

raymj49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

your communication skills are just fine :)  live and we learn and as for me ....  it's kind of an uhh....  emotional time? i know i know... eww. eh, that's life. i appreciate brevity and directness., sorry for being kind of a b-word before and if i came off wrong, i just meant tp encourage awareness of how we affect others is all. but in all fairness and in the spirit of honesty i think i was being a little assumptive myself, so apologies guys

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:46 AM

Not a problem - we've all come off wrong at one time or another.

Good luck!

#11 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

Apologies from my side too.  But hey, let's learn and move on.  Hope you get through over in the other forum. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users