Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics card issue? PLEASE ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Srock29

Srock29

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:53 PM

Hello so im new to the building game but am loving the idea of getting it done! Although frustrated with my current problem so i have a i5 6600k 16gb of crucial ram Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard a Pny GTX 980 Ti and a 750 watt rm corsair power supply. My question for someones help on is when i stalled every i went to boot took a few times for me to get everything running correctly although i noticed the machine would begin to power up and then flicker off and power back on now this would do this 9/10 times so i thought nothing of it went to bed woke up in the morning went to power on my machine to have it start to boot up turn off to not turn back on After being  extremely frustrated i decided to pull the graphics card out as there was nasty smell and i did notice a burn mark when i pulled the graphics card out after taking it out the machine would power on without flickering with the build in motherboard graphics i also purchased a gtx 950 to test if a card would work in the machine and i was able to get that to work i know the graphics card said it only needs a 600 watt power supply but does this sound like i need a larger power supply im also running a liquid cooler so there a total of 5 fans that includes the case fans. any help would be great thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Srock29

Srock29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

Here is my list on pcpartpicker if this helps anyone any more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:50 AM

The PCPartPicker list is empty

A burnt video card is definitely a hardware problem.
I'd suggest that you post over in the Internal Hardware forums for some more expert help:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users