Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Autoruns

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:57 PM

Can't find any good info as how to use this Utility?

I tried Un-checking some Entries in "Services" but that did not completely work, although it seems some were Disabled?  Is this not the proper place to do this, should I be in "Everything" Tab, or "Login" Tab to do this?  And if so should I attempt to Re-Check the ones in "Services" that were disabled?  I'm surprised that there is not one Tutorial that explains the basics of this Utility.  Already know what I want not to run just need to know how to disable.  I have already done this in Task Manager just to see if pc would run well with these things Disabled and all was good.  Some of the offending things are from Toshiba, and then I installed a full HP Printer and Photo Suite which is running many Processes.

Thanks pcpunk

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

Hi,

Make sure you run the tool as Administrator, careful with what you disable.

There is a tutorial here: http://www.howtogeek.com/school/sysinternals-pro/lesson6/all/

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,659 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

@SleepyDude, I looked at that site and many more, but still the problem I suggested above exists without answer.  Do I not do this in "Services"?  

If I do this in Services, will that not allow it to run even when prompted by me?

Should I Disable in "Logon" instead, so that it will run if I prompt it to?

pcpunk

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:14 PM

Not sure what is the problem, if you uncheck the box for a service it will be set to Disabled so the next time you start the computer it will not start.

Edited by SleepyDude, 21 February 2016 - 05:14 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,659 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

Got the basics of what I wanted done!

Now, I'm still using 34% Memory as seen in Task Manager on idle, no Browser open nor anything else?   CPU is 0% to maybe 9% at the max on idle?  How can I get that number down also, or should I even worry about that?  This pc is quite slow as the original owner took out the original faster HD before I got it, not the best CPU and only 3GB of RAM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,659 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:35 PM