Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Krypted Ransomware Support and Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 izsog

izsog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Hey all, 

I would like to know, is there any chance to restore my files which infected with .krypted extention?

Please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,938 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

The original CryptoLocker Ransomware which first appeared in the beginning of September 2013...does not exist anymore and hasn't since June 2014. There are many copycat and fake ransomware variants which use the CryptoLocker name but those infections are not the same. As such, I split your posting into its own topic and have advised our Security Colleagues who specialize in crypto malware ransomware with a link here.

I read a couple similar reports last year (around Sept-Oct 2015) but neither provided any information as to what specific ransomware encrypted the data and appended a .krypted extension to the end of the file name.

Did you find any ransom note? These infections are created to alert victims that their data has been encrypted and demand a ransom payment. Check your documents folder for an image the malware typically uses for the background note. Check the C:\ProgramData (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data) for a randomly named .html, .txt, .png, .bmp, .url file.

These are some examples of ransom notes:
HELP_DECRYPT.TXT, DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.TXT, HELP_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt, HELP_YOUR_FILES.TXT
HELP_FILE_[random number/letter].HTML, install_tor.url, ATTENTION.RTF, DecryptAllFiles.txt
Read.txt, ReadMe.txt, README1.txt...README10.txt, READ_IF_YOU_WANT_YOUR_FILES.html
README_IMPORTANT.TXT, IMPORTANT READ ME.txt, README_FOR_DECRYPT.txt, READ!!!!!!!!!!!.ME.txt
_Locky_recover_instructions.txt, ReadDecryptFilesHere.txt, README!!.TXT, DecryptAllFiles_.txt
YOUR_FILES.HTML, YOUR_FILES.url, encryptor_raas_readme_liesmich.txt, Help_Decrypt.txt
HELP_RESTORE_FILES.txt, HELP_RECOVER_FILES.txt, HELP_TO_SAVE_FILES.txt, ABOUT_FILES!.txt
DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS.TXT, How_To_Recover_Files.txt, How_To_Restore_Files.txt, Coin.Locker.txt
HOW_TO_DECRYPT_FILES.TXT, HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.TXT, DECRYPT MY FILES#..txt, read_it.txt
_secret_code.txt, DECRYPT_ReadMe.TXT, BLEEPEDFILES.TXT, AllFilesAreLocked_.bmp, WHAT IS SQ_.tx
FILESAREGONE.TXT, IAMREADYTOPAY.TXT, HELLOTHERE.TXT, READTHISNOW!!!.TXT, IHAVEYOURSECRET.KEY
SECRET.KEY, SECRETIDHERE.KEY, HELP_DECYPRT_YOUR_FILES.HTML, README_DECRYPT_UMBRE_ID_[victim_id].txt
help_decrypt_your_files.html, RECOVERY_FILES.txt, RECOVERY_FILE.TXT, RECOVERY_FILE_[random].txt
Howto_RESTORE_FILES_.txt, Howto_Restore_FILES.TXT, howto_recover_file_.txt, HELP_TO_SAVE_FILES.txt
how_recover+[random].txt, _how_recover_.txt, restore_files_.txt, recover_file_[random].txt
recover_files_[random].txt, recovery_file_[random].txt, help_recover_instructions+[3-random].txt
_H_e_l_p_RECOVER_INSTRUCTIONS+[3-random].txt, help recover files.txt, Recovery+[5-random].txt
_ReCoVeRy_+[5_random].txt, Recovery_[5_random].txt, RECOVERY.TXT, RECOVERY_KEY.txt

Note: The [random] represents random characters which some ransom notes names may include.
Samples of any encrypted files, ransom notes or suspicious executables (installer, malicious files, attachments) that you suspect were involved in causing the infection can be submitted here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=3) and here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=170) with a link to this topic. Doing that will be helpful with analyzing and investigating by our crypto experts.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 beh0320

beh0320

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:32 PM

All my files has been changed to krypted file. it has this .krypted extension after each file name. I reformat my computer and backed up all files in drive D. Is there a way i can decrypt my files? Where can i send a sample file that has been encrypted? Please help me :(

#4 beh0320

beh0320

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:33 PM

I haven't received any ransom note so I don't know what this virus or malware is. I don't know what to do. 

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,938 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:49 PM

.krypted Ransomware has already been reported...in this topic so I am merging yours with that one to make it more manageable for staff and our crypto malware experts.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot of information so if you can submit samples of any files to the channels noted in Post #2, that would be helpful.

Thanks
The BC Staff

#6 beh0320

beh0320

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:11 PM

send a sample file. Thank you! 

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,938 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

Not a problem.

#8 Atif9212

Atif9212

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:02 AM

My Computer has been attacked by some virus, All my important ms excel files has been change to ".krypted" extension and also got below message from hacker 

"You've been KryptoLocked!
All of your files have been encrypted and sent to our secure server.
You can verify this by checking your files.
Encryption was produced using a unique public key generated for this computer.
To your decrypt files, you need to obtain your private key.
To obtain your private key you will need to pay the fee of 1 BTC.
Upon payment you will receive your key and decrypter. We will also delete your files from our server.
This is a very straight forward process and you can recover your files within minutes.
There is no other way to recover the files without the unique private key.
To recover your files please get in touch by email: krypted@riseup.net"

Please give some idea to get rid of this extension changed issue so i can get back my important files

Thanks

Edited by Atif9212, 12 March 2016 - 07:03 AM.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,938 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:23 AM

Samples of any encrypted files, ransom notes or suspicious executables (installer, malicious files, attachments) that you suspect were involved in causing the infection can be submitted here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=3) and here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=170) with a link to this topic. Doing that will be helpful with analyzing and investigating by our crypto experts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users