Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Envy 2 in 1 or Dell Inspiron

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LeighJ

LeighJ

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:02 AM

I am looking for touchscreen laptop.  Leaning toward laptop tablet 2 in 1 just because I feel hinges may be more solid (had lots of issues with laptops with weak hinges).  I am interested in 15.6 inch with an i5 processor and ssd.  I am trying to choose between the following:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-x360---15t-touch-laptop-l8s90av-1

or

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7568-laptop/pd?oc=dncwa005s&model_id=inspiron-15-7568-laptop#secondaryContent

Both seem to have about the same specs. 

6th Gen Intel Core i5-6200U Processor

8gb memory

256 gb ssd

backlit keyboard

1080p touchscreen

Dell seems to have worse reviews/lower average score.  I am leaning more toward the HP.  It is higher priced, but when I chatted with rep told me they would give me President's Day sale price, which would make the price on par with the Dell.

I don't have much experience with HP though, just Dell. Of course my only experience was a regular laptop that had bad hinges (also an Inspiron, which was known for that at the time).  Any suggestions or advice anyone can share?  Anyone have one of these models?  Also, I  have never had a ssd. Is it worth getting 256 ssd over 1tb hdd?  I have no issues using external hdd if extra space is needed, so thought ssd would be better.

Edited by LeighJ, 21 February 2016 - 11:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:24 AM

Personally I would go with Dell as HP is not that great of a brand. Actually I would try asus as their Zenbook series stuff seems to be top notch

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#3 LeighJ

LeighJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:53 PM

The Zenbook is about $800 more.  I would home it would be better!  That said, way outside my price range.  Last Asus product I bought was an Asus Transforer tf700 tablet when it first came out.  Horrible device with nothing but problems. Using it as a paperweight.  Sort of soured me on the brand. 

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

Asus has gotten better though, in any case is touchscreen really that important?

Most touch pads these days are fantastic things and some even offer near touchscreen like performance.

If price is a issue then cut the cost of a touchscreen.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#5 LeighJ

LeighJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

Yes touchscreen is one of the main features I want. I am replacing a touchscreen laptop that was not able to be repaired.  Don't care so much if it is 2 in 1, just figured that would make hinges pretty durable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users