Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe to buy iPad Air 2 from Amazon?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:38 AM

A couple sellers have them for about $80 less than Apple Store. I am concerned about getting a knock-off or refurbished device even though it is advertised as a brand new genuine product. If I buy from Amazon, will I be able to authenticate it? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

Yes !

A quick ggogle shows me at least a dozen different suppliers in the UK all selling new iPads, at prices ranging from £UK 330 to £UK 400 for the 16GB model. However, if you have the cash go for the 32 or 64 GB model, 16GB is not a lot of capacity.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 03:41 AM

Yes !

A quick ggogle shows me at least a dozen different suppliers in the UK all selling new iPads, at prices ranging from £UK 330 to £UK 400 for the 16GB model. However, if you have the cash go for the 32 or 64 GB model, 16GB is not a lot of capacity.

Chris Cosgrove

Thanks. Our iPad 2 has 16gb. We've had it 4 years+/- and only use a fraction of the 16 gigs so no need to get more. I did buy a new Air 2 from an Amazon reseller. Delivered price was $115 below what I would pay at the Apple Store. Only drawback is Apple warranty begins when Apple sells to the reseller, in my case Dec 21, 2015. (Apple calls this an indirect sale). I saved $115 but lost two months of warranty. I am ok with that. If I went into an Apple Store and they offered me a deal where they would reduce price $115 but warranty would be only 10 instead of 12 months, I would accept it in a second. The Air 2 is lightning fast compared to my iPad 2 with iOS 9.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

Interesting. Your second post points up some of the problems of being an international forum - consumer legislation varies so much from one country to another !  Here, in the UK, if I bought an iPad from say Amazon (or any other UK retailer) Apple wouldn't come into the matter. My contract of purchase would be with Amazon and it would be their responsibility to provide the warranty. The device could sit on Amazon's shelves for six months and that wouldn't change Amazon's liability to me.

And of course, Amazon's contract of purchase with Apple is their business and of no concern to me.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,795 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:08 PM

Amazon is much safer these days then it used to be, even internationally they are generally reliable.

The device will be legit, this is amazon not ebay

Edited by MadmanRB, 03 March 2016 - 02:08 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users