Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia GTX 660 - A resolution problem at Windows, Linux on every different monit

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 altarowski

altarowski

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

Hello! I've got a problem with my graphic card after cleaning the computer from dust. At windows i forced up the resolution, so everything is fine, but 1920x1080 isn't my native resolution! I wan't to migrate to openSUSE but instalator is much bigger than my monitor can "see" resolution is like 800x600 or 1024x768 but I can't see the whole instalator. Can you help me? :S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 altarowski

altarowski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:53 AM

Ref

#3 altarowski

altarowski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:19 AM

Once again..

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

Increase the screen resolution until you can see full screen...or uninstall the drivers, then reinstall..  I believe you can do uninstall the drivers from safe mode, since safe mode will only load the default Windows graphics drivers.

Louis

#5 Guest_GNULINUX_*

Guest_GNULINUX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

If I understand you correctly...

Your Windows installation is ok but you have a problem when attempting to install openSUSE?

I'm not familiar with openSUSE but I found following:

To change to another screen resolution for installation, proceed as follows:

1. Boot for installation.

2. Press F3 to open a menu from which to select a lower resolution for installation purposes.

3. Select Installation and proceed with the installation as described in Chapter 1, Installation with YaST.

Source.

This describes the process to get a lower resolution, getting a higher resolution should be similar...

If this doesn't work you could try to install in text mode:

To perform an installation in text mode, proceed as follows:

1. Boot for installation.

2. Press F3 and select Text Mode.

3. Select Installation and proceed with the installation as described in Chapter 1, Installation with YaST.

Source.

I hope this helps!  :wink:

#6 altarowski

altarowski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:24 PM

I've tried that before and... it didn't help me. Changing the resolution doesn't make any changes. The final resolution is this same :S And at the Test Mode arrows on my keyboard aren't working. I have so specific computer :D

#7 Guest_GNULINUX_*

Guest_GNULINUX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:12 AM

Like I said I'm no openSUSE user... so I'm out of real tips...

Some thoughts:

-Maybe try another keyboard (USB) to get the arrow keys working?

-If your screen has buttons maybe you can adjust something there so you can at least install?

-And if you really into testing: remove the graphics card, try to install openSUSE and after that add the card again and see what happens? No guarantees given... 

I hope an openSUSE user comes along to help you!  B)

Greets!

#8 altarowski

altarowski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for your answer! With keyboard there is another hilarious situation because on my main keyboard i can't get into UEFI etc. What about removing graphic card? I'm afraid of not having an integrated graphic card :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users