Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice on video editing software download

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 keronkkumar

keronkkumar

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:35 AM

I'm looking to download a free video editing software to crop, rotate, reduce sound of original clip, and add my own sounds/music
to the clip, and also take snapshots from the clip. Now i found 3 sites that offer some of what i want, but I'm not sure how safe it is to download from the sites. Can some 1 please have a look at them and give me some advice and feedback ?

the site links are below

http://www.wondershare.net/ad/video-editor-win/?gclid=CjwKEAiA3aW2BRCD_cOo5oCFuUMSJADiIMIL73cvaEo9kOxA7GfJ65jdc-jM0cj61JViE2PwPKLLVhoC-lrw_wcB

http://www.iskysoft.us/lp/video-editor-win/?gclid=CjwKEAiA3aW2BRCD_cOo5oCFuUMSJADiIMIL8DEoYW68ag8YZR_19TbHoDb6GJOu3nKywhbdAoEwmhoCan3w_wcB

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/openshot_video_editor.html

( that last 1 say "open source", what exactly is open source ? )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

MajorGeeks is a well-known and trusted download site so I would trust the third link before the other two.  Wondershare, as the name suggests, is a shareware site and it's possible you may have to pay for the software.  iSkysoft Video Editor is paid software.  Other than that, I don't know anything else about iSkysoft.

One very good software you didn't mention is VirtualDub.  It is free and there is a wide selection of plugins available for it.  For example, the Virtualdub FFMpeg Input Plugin will allow you to import just about any FFMPEG compatible format into VirtualDub and work with it.  The one drawback I found with VirtuaDub is it can only save in AVI format.

I am no expert but I don't think it's reasonable to expect one program to do all the things you want.  Instead, it would be more feasible to look for several programs that can extract the soundtrack, reduce the volume, mix your own music into the soundtrack, take snapshots, etc, etc.  After that, you can use the video editing program to mux it all together.

One last thing, you can usually get an idea of how safe a site is by checking its URL with a number of services, e.g. VirusTotal, Dr.Web, URLVoid, Zscaler, etc.

Edited by Agouti, 21 February 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#3 keronkkumar

keronkkumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:21 PM

Thank you very much for your time and good advice. It was much appreciated.

The one drawback I found with VirtuaDub is it can only save in AVI format.

This is not a big problem, because i can always convert into the format i want.

Edited by keronkkumar, 21 February 2016 - 07:21 PM.

#4 AllenSteve

AllenSteve

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

Windows Moive Maker is an easy tool there. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users