Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Critical Error" from start menu

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clovis_Sangrail

Clovis_Sangrail

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:53 PM

Whenever I click on the little WIndows logo on the bottom left of my screen (that said "Start" in earlier versions of windows), I get this pop-up:

Attached File  CritErr.JPG   23.5KB   0 downloads

I can still Right-Click, and run or bring up control panel.

And of course, however hard Windows10 may be trying, it does not fix the issue on my next login.

This may not matter, but a week ago I installed gpedit.msc in an effort to choose when to install updates. (it did not work.)

Edited by Clovis_Sangrail, 20 February 2016 - 03:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Clovis_Sangrail

Clovis_Sangrail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

Eventually I fixed this by burning a Windows 10 install DVD via the media creation tool I downloaded at:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I did a re-install while preserving my data files, and it worked. It did not ask for any key, I guess it uised what was there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users