I recently bought a HP 250 G4 Laptop. When it arrived I installed all available Windows Updates and upgraded it to Windows 10 (Home). All works fine until I insert a USB Keyboard or USB Mouse (any make/model). When such a USB peripheral is inserted all appears to be fine on the surface (there are no error messages) but it has the following effects:
- Left clicking on the Start button or the Taskbar has no effect.
- Internet Explorer / Edge stops allowing me to use drop down menus in forms
- General problems interacting with Windows Desktop and IE/Edge
To try and fix this I have:
- uninstalled the Mouse & Keyboard from Device Manager and ensured they have the most up-to-date drivers
- scanned whole computer for malware (nothing found)
- examined Windows Event Viewer for relevant errors (nothing identified around right times)
- run System File Checker (sfc /scannow) with no issues found
- run Windows Update and HP Support to ensure the latest updates and patches have been applied
- Attempted to use ProcessMonitor to identify the error, but not had much luck (possibly down to my limited experience using ProcessMonitor).
Anyone have any ideas of either what the problem might be, or techniques I can try to try and identify the root cause?
Thanks in advance......