Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVI + HDMI on GTX 750

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rookwales

rookwales

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:59 AM

Good morning,

I'm stumped with this one, so seeking help!

I have an EVGA GTX 750 and cannot seem to get it to recognize a DVI connected monitor, which I know works well. I've changed the cables and updated the driver to no avail. The card works well through a direct HDMI connection to another monitor, but when the DVI connection is made both displays turn off. When using the DVI connected monitor only, it's fine up until the W8 logo disappears the goes into standby. I should point out that I'm not using any converters.

I am assuming it's a problem with the card. It should be able to handle the 1900x1200 resolution. I'm pretty much using the same setup as on my old machine that was using a Radeon 7850. One monitor on HDMI, one on DVI, both at native resolutions of 1920 x 1080 and 1900 x 1200 respectively.

Naturally the problem is exacerbated by the fact that I can't even configure the display setup via the HDMI display because as soon as I plug in the DVI both displays drop.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookwales

rookwales
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:16 AM

As an update, I have just managed to get dual monitors working via the use of a DVI to VGA adapter, utilizing the VGA port on the DVI monitor. Not ideal but better than a single screen. Would still be interested in hearing whether others have had similar issues.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:26 PM

There are so many different flavors of DVI and appropriate connectors to support the options of each.  Possibly you have a bad cable or one from a different option and is missing some connections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users