Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Bluetooth link 2 cell safe?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 bluekitty

bluekitty

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:45 PM

I have been looking into either the link 2 cell system such as ones by Panasonic or a Bluetooth Gateway made by Xlink which lets you use your

existing home phones to connect to your cell. My question is about security. Does anybody know about these systems and how safe is using Bluetooth

in this manor. I have never used Bluetooth period so I have no knowledge base to work from. Thanks for any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

Well it is of course possible to break into a Bluetooth connection. That being said, Bluetooth is generally a low priority target when compared to WiFi and cell networks. I would say it's probably about as secure as the connection between your phone and the cell tower, so you probably shouldn't worry too much if you're using a cell phone anyway.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 bluekitty

bluekitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:39 PM

Thanks, I am in the process of letting my landline go and hate talking on a little cell phone and my tinnitus is not too crazy about earbuds. I ran across these products, and the option to use

a normal size phone appealing.  My cell/ wifi, etc.. knowledge base is a work in progress. Thanks for the imput.

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:06 AM

Anytime :)

As a side note, there are several Bluetooth speakers (intended for music) that allow you to route your calls through them. That's an alternative option provided that you don't mind always being on speakerphone.

Any further related questions?

Edited by ScathEnfys, 25 February 2016 - 10:08 AM.

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#5 bluekitty

bluekitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:39 AM

No, thanks a lot for your help. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users