Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet access

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TokenBC

TokenBC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

Hello, I've been having connection issues for several days now and I'm at my wit's end. Thought I'd ask for help here.

The computer in question is a tower PC bought from a local shop. The OS is Windows 7 64-bit, it has 8GB RAM, an i5 3470 and Radeon 7850. It's connected wirelessly. The router is an Asus RT-AC66U. At the moment I am unable to post the MTB result but I will likely be able to in several hours. I apologize for posting this before then if it is deemed absolutely necessary.

The router is new and at first everything was working great. However, there was a power outage a few days after I got it. My PC was on at the time. When power came back all of my other devices were working fine and I had no need to use this machine so I didn't use it for a few days. When I finally did use it everything but the Internet connection was fine. Temporary loss of Internet access is nothing new and is usually easily fixed by restarting the router, but that was not the case this time. So, I suspect the outage likely had something to do with it, but I am not 100% sure.

Over the next several days I've tried everything I could with my fairly limited know-how, ranging from reinstalling my adapter's drivers to fiddling with various settings, executing certain commands in cmd, running in Safe Mode with networking etc. At this point I am out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by TokenBC, 19 February 2016 - 10:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

You might have it all under control by now but you said you tried some cmd prompts. Did you try pinging your router or a website? Do you have connectivity if you temporarily take the router out of the set up?

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#3 TokenBC

TokenBC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:52 AM

You might have it all under control by now but you said you tried some cmd prompts. Did you try pinging your router or a website? Do you have connectivity if you temporarily take the router out of the set up?

Unfortunately the problem still persists...

Yes, I have tried pinging. I believe the results were: Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0. I have not yet tried taking the router out of the set up, but I will once I am able to access the computer.

#4 vcolev

vcolev

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:44 AM

Can you hardwire into the router with the PC to see if you loss connection? Also have you tried using a different wireless adaptor?

Also, have you tried /renew and /release  commands?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users