Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows10 support page says I have win 8 but i have10-huh?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 djkea

djkea

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:39 AM

I have upgraded to windows 10 but when I attempt to get to the support site at windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support I receive the message that the page is for windows 10 but you have windows 8.  Why does this happen and should I take any action?  Thanks for your reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

What is it you're trying to do?  There are probably alternatives, but it depends on what that might be.  If you want to check what your system thinks it's running, run WINVER from a command prompt.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

This could also easily be the result of cached pages.  Clear your browser cache entirely and then see what comes up.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#4 djkea

djkea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

Issue resolved.  Thanks for the responses.  I was secure in the knowledge that the machine was using a licensed upgrade to 10.  However, when I go to microsoft win10 support the page offers that it is for win 10 support but  I have accessed the page on a system using windows 8.  I feared there might be an issue with the authenticaiton on Microsoft's end. I believe my issue has been resolved by clearing the cache.  Thank you both very much. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users