Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I take a screen shot under Windows 10?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RuddyDuck

RuddyDuck

• Validating
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:14 AM

I have had difficulty with technical support from a VPN provider (PureVPN out of Hong Kong).  The on-line chat support person had me try uninstalling their VPN client application, removing the program data for that application, and then downloading the application again and re-installing.  At which point I seemed to be seeing a different user interface (UI) than the one he was talking about!  He asked me to send him a screen shot of what I saw -- so I asked him how do I do that?  At which point he seemed to give up and asked me to send an e-mail to their technical support address.

I did that.  But meanwhile, how do I capture a screen shot under Windows 10?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:16 AM

Hi

Try this How to Take Screenshots in Windows 10

Regards

Nick

#3 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:54 AM

That link ls useful, giving a good run down of most options but. there is another excellent one available which may already be on your Windows 10 (it was on mine) or can be installed for free from the link. below. As a Microsoft Garage Project it is less well known and easily confused wit the much more basic Snipping Tool. I is just called Snip or Office Snip and records user defined screens \ windows, videos, sound,  hand drawn notes, pictures  to a handy visual library, as well as copying to clipboard.

Mix.office.com/en-us/snip?previewvvrg

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

I still use ALT+PrtSc like I always did.  Works like a charm.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users