Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook Scrabble won't load, IE 11 long running script errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cbrueckman

cbrueckman

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:01 AM

I have been trying to resolve problems with my wife's Toshiba L675-S016 for several months now. Running Windows 7 Home Premium, Purchased new in 2009, HD replaced by BestBuy Geek Squad in 2011. OEM OS and programs reinstalled then.  Running Avast AV and Malwarebytes, which indicate no issues.  Primarily use IE11 as browser, but FB Scrabble won't load in Chrome or Firefox either.  Connect wirelessly via NetGear router. FB Scrabble runs properly on my desktop.  Have run various scans and diagnostics under post in two other forums before being referred here.   Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support forum  at: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597296/toshiba-l675-bsod-hangs/ and  Am I infected? What do I do? forum at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599190/toshiba-l675-win-7-is-super-slow-frequent-ie11-script-errors/

Help at ea.com was practically non-existent, suggesting only CCleaner after initially telling me they only provide support to the Pogo versions.  (Ccleaner did not resolve any issues)

Looking for suggestions?  I keep getting notices that W10 is ready for me to upgrade the laptop.  Should I just do that and forget about trying to resolve this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

I wouldn't "upgrade" to Windows 10 if I were you. To get rid of the prompt to upgrade, try the GWX Control Panel.

I don't have a Facebook account, but I'm guessing those games use the Adobe Flash Player? Do you have the latest version of Flash?

#3 cbrueckman

cbrueckman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:29 PM

Flash and Java are up-to-date.

#4 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:25 PM

I know you've updated your network adapter driver without any improvement, but have you tried resetting your router, or at least restarting it?

#5 cbrueckman

cbrueckman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:53 PM

Router and modem have been reset numerous times.  One of the first things suggested in each forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users