Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will Windows 10 Fix Corrupt Windows 7 Files SFC found?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jherring89

jherring89

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:34 PM

Running scf has disclosed corrupt windows files that cannot be fixed and have been reported in the CBS.log. I dont have the ability to burn a windows 7 disk to replace the corrupted files. I was hoping I could fix these by upgrading to windows 10 although if someone and there awesome wizard skills could help me replace them like "to the power" did for this user here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575904/will-windows-10-fix-corrupt-windows-7-files/

This all transpired because I want to play a game called Blade and Soul and my computer keeps crashing everytime I load it which is the only game iv ever had this happen with. It is very inconsistent and I can load it sometimes and play for days leaving it logged in after im done and leaving my pc on. However after a update I get kicked out again and the problem persists all over again when previous "fixes" such as uninstalling and reinstalling, disabling all none microsft drivers, disabling antivirus etc doesnt work anymore. After weeks of troubleshooting between myself and there tech support we have determined there anti cheat shield thing (gameguard) is conflicting with corrupted system files and is causing the crash for me and many users.

Below I have attached a Dxdiag txt file for my pc specs and my CBS Log from the errors.

Thanks for the help its much appreciated!

-Justin

Attached Files

Edited by jherring89, 18 February 2016 - 06:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

Hi jherring89 :)

Upgrading to Windows 10 will replace your whole system, therefore, all the Windows system files as well. So to put it in your words, yes they'll be "repaired" (in fact, they'll be replaced by Windows 10 version of these files) if you upgrade to Windows 10. I've seen a bunch of users do that and they were all okay with it.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 jherring89

jherring89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

Aura,

If I upgrade to 10 so my files are repaired or "replaced" in this case and I revert back to win 7 will I have new system files still or will I then go back to my old corrupted ones. I absolutely have no desire to use Windows 10 on my gaming computer if possible. However If I have to keep it in order to repair my system I will do so. Thanks for your quick reply!

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:53 PM

Hum... The same files will be used for the rollback if you ask me since it keeps a copy of your previous system in the windows.old folder.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 jherring89

jherring89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

Hmm ok that makes sense and kinda what I figured, so I either go to windows 10 completely or I find another way. Would SFCFix by niemero be something I should do first and is it the only way you know of "automatically" repairing these corrupt SFC files? Do specific SFCFix scripts have to be written by users to resolve the conflict?

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:18 PM

Specific SFCFix scripts have to be written and files have to be provided as well in order for SFCFix to use these files and the fix to replace the corrupt ones.

I happen to be a Junior Analyst over at Sysnative and I can help you with this. However, I'll have to ask you to create an account over there, and start a new thread in the Windows Update section if you don't mind.

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/

unite_blue.png

#7 jherring89

jherring89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:46 PM

Damn allright I created my user starting a new topic with same username.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

Alright good, I'll see you there :)

unite_blue.png

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:28 PM

FWIW:  If the corrupted files are the result of a problematical hard drive...installing a new O/S will not neutralize the problems.  I would suggest a hard drive diagnostic before trying any "upgrade".

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users