Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Distribution Smackdown

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cybormoron

cybormoron

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:17 AM

7 distros are put into the steel cage and the last one standing wins the distribution smackdown championship belt, looooool. this is a great article for new users or even veteran users. it's in the april issue of tux magazine. the mag used to be free but you can still get a free copy (i think). it's going to be subscription very soon. go to the website and enter your email and you can download any one of 15 issues. you may still be able to subscribe for free. i'm not sure about this tho. this article is in the april number 12 issue. it's a 2.0mb pdf file. excellent reviews of 7 leading distros. the winner is mandriva. i'm not spammin for this mag i'm just posting a good article.
download page
https://secure.ssc.com/allsubs/tux.php?action=show-downloads
the website
http://www.tuxmagazine.com/

mandriva says "shut your mouth and know your role" to the other distros and snatches the Distribution Smackdown championship belt.

what it looks like in my browser
Posted Image
I can no longer sit back and allow Microsoft infiltration, Microsoft indoctrination, Microsoft subversion, and the international Microsoft conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious open source GNU/Linux operating systems. General Jack D. Ripper.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:01 AM

tux is a great mag,and its still worth the 9.99 price tag for a 12 issues.as for mandriva winning well,,,ill bite my tongue.

#3 Joedude

Joedude

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:27 AM

hehe

not to nit pick...

$9.95 (USD)
If someone tells you to su rm -rf /
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Be in the know, Bash smart!

#4 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

oops thanks for the correction,still cheap :-)

#5 Joedude

Joedude

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:14 AM

;)

No Prob.
If someone tells you to su rm -rf /
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Be in the know, Bash smart!