Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frustration maxed out...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JayRosa

JayRosa

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:41 AM

So I upgraded my graphics card, RAM, and processor yesterday and have incredible issues since. At first I coudn't even get the processor to fire up, and I realized it was one stick of RAM improperly installed. Fixed that. Then, everything worked. As I walked into the other room to relay the good news, I came back and my computer monitor showed "No signal" and I noticed that the processor fan wasn't working anymore, along with all my tower fans and had no solution except to hard-power my computer down. I'm not sure if maybe my Power Supply doesn't have enough juice? My bios is updated too...Can I anyone help me untangle this debacle? Ultimately, I've reinstalled the old processor again which is how I'm currently asking for help...

[initially installed and used]
CX500W Power Supply

Asus RA597 2.0 Motherboard   MY UPGRADE--->
AMD 4300 processor                                             AMD 8350 8-core

Radeon HD 5670                                                   Asus Geforce GTX 950 2GB

8 GB RAM                                                              16 GB RAM

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2016 - 01:57 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:19 PM

Motherboard is M5A97, right? 500 watts is enough. However that PSU is not very good quality and every part can broke sometime. I would try with another PSU if system works with FX-4300.

#3 Ram4x4

Ram4x4

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:15 PM

I'll second the PSU.  Get a good quality PSU of about 600W. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users