Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is difference between Comodo Antivirus and Comodo Internet Security?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 staceymatthews

staceymatthews

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:35 AM

I am using Comodo Internet security for the past 1 year, It is very simple to use, Moreover, when I had an issue with the security suite. But now I plan to upgrade to Comodo Internet Security, know what you guys think of Comodo Internet Security and what the difference.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:43 AM

Comodo Internet Security includes a firewall in addition to the usual antivirus.

I do not use Comodo though (not a big fan of them in general) so I do not have any suggestion to add.

#3 staceymatthews

staceymatthews
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:09 AM

Hi Sintharius,

Thanks !

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:11 AM

Most Internet Security products include anti-virus and firewall protection plus various other features depending on the software vendor...and for those reasons it is called a Security suite.

I'm not an advocate of suites. All-in-one tools and suites are filled with extra features (including "bells & whistles") which typically use more system resources than separate programs that do the same task while other suites leave a much smaller footprint. Suites tend to have varying degrees of strengths and weaknesses accorded for each feature they incorporate. Internet Security Suites include a Firewall component, which IMO is unnecessary since the Windows built-in firewall is one of the best and provides adequate protection. Further, many folks also use a router which is essentially a hardware firewall.

In contrast, separate tools are designed, built and maintained with a greater focus in a specific area so they are generally of better quality and more effective at what they are designed to do. This means the program's performance for that particular feature is usually superior than their all-in-one counterpart. Further, all-in-one tools generally do not allow the user as much flexibility in tailoring program settings and usage.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users