Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Remove Winantispyware 2006

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jojo75

jojo75

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:51 AM

Hi my name is jojo, on the weekend I was on the net and this pop up came up a few times from WinAntiSpyware 2006 I accidently hit ok and then it dl on my pc. Now my pc just restarts itself when WinAntiSpyware 2006 pop to register comes up. It is very annoying and i cannot uninstall it. It won't even let me go into my computer icon to see if it is in the program files to uninstall it. Is this a virus and please help me get rid of it. I have AVG and that isn't helping cos I scanned everything on the pc but it restarted when it finished scanning. I have spybot will that help. HELP! :thumbsup: NOT VERY HAPPY!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:03 AM

Welcome jojo75

We have a self-help section for removing common malware.

Please see the self-help tutorial How To Remove Winfixer/Virtumonde/Msevents/Trojan.vundo.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 jojo75

jojo75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

Hi again,
I'm a happy girl today :thumbsup: I managed to fix the problemo on my pc which had the WinAntiSPyware 2006. I did some research on the bleepingcomputers.com (the best site ever that saved my life) did that safe mode thing and just went on spybot and got rid of it. :flowers:

Now...is Vundo trojan (sounds like an alien)gone forvever if I have removed WinAntiSpyware with Spybot or is it still on my pc hiding?

#4 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:10 AM

Well there is an ACTUAL anti spyware called WINDOWS Anti Spyware not WIN...it was the BETA befor Windows Defender...its actually alot better than it too. Mines just expired and you cant download so...i dont kno...

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:19 AM

is Vundo trojan (sounds like an alien)gone forvever if I have removed WinAntiSpyware with Spybot or is it still on my pc hiding

If you followed the self-help instructions you should be in good shape. Are you having any further problems, popups, etc?

#6 jojo75

jojo75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:11 PM

I have a message now saying something about RUN DLL error. I hit the x button to close it. How do I get rid of this pop message?

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:25 AM

Could you be more specific about the error message? What exactly does it say? Are you getting the error at Windows startup, when you launch an application, or does it just appear out of nowhere?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users