Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, could you please recommend a graphics card for my system (speccy included).

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stephanie_Says

Stephanie_Says

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

I just got a new computer and am shopping for a graphics card for gaming that will be optimized for my computers specs, will have enough resolution so things aren't pixelated (on a 50 Inch LCD TV), and I won't have to worry about problems like overheating.

My monitor is an Emerson 50 Inch LCD TV (I know...) and it's specs are:  1920 x 1080 pixels @60Hz

Even though I have the resolution in Windows and my current graphics card set to 1920 x 1080 pixels @60Hz, the text seems pixelated and things just look pretty low-fidelity compared to when I was using my old computer running Windows 8 using the same Monitor / LCD TV.  

So please, if you will, any helpful suggestions are welcome and what graphics card should I get?  I feel the graphics card in my computer is pretty basic although I feel my new computers specs are pretty nice (I may be ignorant on this subject though).  

You guys have a great day and here is the Speccy:

Speccy report for DESKTOP-GAKHUFB, [2/17/2016 4:27:56] Summary Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 3.40GHz22 °C Skylake 14nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Motherboard Dell Inc. 0XJ8C4 (SOCKET 0) Graphics LCD TV (1920x1080@60Hz) 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (Dell)31 °C Storage 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-75M2NA0 (SATA)31 °C Optical Drives PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16AES Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Computer type: Desktop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

It depends on how many watts your PSU supplies. Your best bet would be a GTX 750 or 750 Ti as they do not use a lot of power, yet are pretty powerful, and inexpensive at under $140.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 Stephanie_Says

Stephanie_Says
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

It depends on how many watts your PSU supplies. Your best bet would be a GTX 750 or 750 Ti as they do not use a lot of power, yet are pretty powerful, and inexpensive at under $140.

Thanks Computer Consultant.  What's the difference in the 750 and the Ti?  I do remember a while ago reading about the GTX 750 being extremely good for the price and that it was a good solution for cheaper builds that can still perform well.

#4 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

The GTX 750 Ti is basically the GTX 750 but is a bit more powerful and has more features. I have a GTX 750 Ti with similar specs as your computer and it can actually play some modern games fairly well.

Edited by gigawert, 17 February 2016 - 07:41 PM.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

The GTX 750 Ti is basically the GTX 750 but is a bit more powerful and has more features. I have a GTX 750 Ti with similar specs as your computer and it can actually play some modern games fairly well.

I second that. I similar specs and my 750ti hardly breaks a sweat.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 Stephanie_Says

Stephanie_Says
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:41 PM

Thanks guys, The GTX 750 it is.  Much appreciated. 

#7 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:55 AM

Thanks guys, The GTX 750 it is.  Much appreciated. 

You're welcome. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users