Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying event

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SavageKarma

SavageKarma

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:32 PM

Hope this be the right place for this:

Clean re-installed windows 10 about 5 times and games still lock up from time to time. Had gtx 980 strix running, took it out and still had issues, although sometimes I was able to get back to desktop and sometimes not.

I know pretty much nothing about nothing but when I start Steam this shows up in event viewer:

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date:          18/02/2016 7:12:00 AM
Event ID:      10016
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          LOCAL SERVICE
Computer:      Office
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{22279AF5-03AE-4CAF-989D-2530918B2F1C}
 and APPID 
{0773CCD6-59A2-4D26-B235-19247767E645}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-02-17T21:12:00.969325900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1690</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="944" ThreadID="4860" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Office</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Launch</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">{22279AF5-03AE-4CAF-989D-2530918B2F1C}</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">{0773CCD6-59A2-4D26-B235-19247767E645}</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">LOCAL SERVICE</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-19</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

And when I start a game from desktop the same thing happens multiple times--the record stands at 5.

Please help

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 SavageKarma

SavageKarma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

Here goes: 

Hope it worked ...

Attached Files

#4 SavageKarma

SavageKarma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:18 PM

Temps seem fine: CPU 63c max 26c min; Graphics card 50c max; all other temps max 28c - 59c

Oh, and system specs:

MB: Asus Z170-Deluxe
CPU: i7 6700K
RAM: 32G 3200Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum
Graphics Card: Asus GTX 980 Strix
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512G
Cooler: Corsair H110i gt
Windows 10 Build: 10586

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

Nothing real firm in the Admin logfile.  I saw a disk error and a hibernation failure, but they weren't repeated.

So, please run this free diagnostic on the hard drive:  http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1402) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a recent update.

Only 3 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.

These devices have problems in Device Manager:

Intel® I211 Gigabit Network Connection    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1539&SUBSYS_85F01043&REV_03\6&14A0EED5&0&003000E2    This device is disabled.
H110iGTX Cooler    USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07\7289_1.0    The drivers for this device are not installed.
Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B8&SUBSYS_86721043&REV_31\3&11583659&0&FE    This device is disabled.

Have you deliberately disabled the Ethernet?  If so, why?

Please re-enable both of the Ethernet devices, then download and install updated drivers for both.  Feel free to disable them again AFTER they are updated.

Please install the latest, W10 compatible drivers for the H110iGTX cooler.

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports, no signs of BSOD's in the reports.

I suspect a hardware problem here.

Start with these free hardware diagnostics (if you haven't run them already):  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

If they ALL pass, then start with this procedure:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 SavageKarma

SavageKarma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for your time and effort so far.

I originally updated the BIOS to 1602 but as time progressed with this issue I got desperate and starting grasping at straws. I installed and re-installed windows 10 at least 5 times--with retail version on usb and on a disc burnt from ms download. I updated everything and then thought that maybe the updates might be bodgey so I tried previous drivers and previous BIOS. I went through everything in Device Manager and checked for current drivers (which, strangely, updated the Intel Chipset and PCI Express RootPorts (whatever they be) even though I had the latest MB drivers from Asus installed). I had all network adapters updated and enabled but thought that maybe there be a issue there so I disabled the ones I was familiar with. The H110i gtx driver installation slipped through the net this time (-_-) but I have now installed the current version. The windows update checks for updates, finds one, makes a token effort to download it, and doesn't install it (as far as I can see in the history).

I ran memtest--no errors. Downloaded and tried to install CrystalDiskinfo6_7_SShiizukuUltimateSetup but that froze my computer when I tried to install it so I went with CDM 5.1.2 (I have attached results). I'm a bit leery about downloading stuff I'm not familiar with so I left it at that. Now my event viewer is showing different errors (something about unexpected shutdown when I've turned off system normally).

I also suspect a hardware issue. I am now going to remove my graphics card and give it to my son and see how it runs in his computer (I might even try his in mine) and see if any issues arise.

I also suspect windows 10 (i'm getting suspicious of everything), so I will do another clean install if I don't get any more ideas, And if that doesn't work I will put it into a computer shop (who happen to charge like wounded and suicidal bulls). :( putting a computer into a shop--first time for everything I suppose.

Please let me know if I've left anything out.

Once again, thanks

Attached Files

#7 SavageKarma

SavageKarma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:58 AM

My graphics card working good in son's computer, had freeze with son's card (which was fine in his computer)installed in mine. So, I think not it is graphics card. Will re-install windows 10 tomorrow.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:37 AM

Driver updates are a complicated subject.  The most current drivers come from the company that developed the device.
BUT, if the drivers were modified by another company (such as the OEM that built the system), then it's uncertain if the most updated driver is best or the one modified by the OEM is best.

Also, Windows/Microsoft update (that's what's checked when trying to update drivers in Device Manager) isn't necessarily regularly updated by those who provide the drivers.  This has gotten better recently, but still isn't a certain thing when updating drivers.

Finally, the version number/date of the driver that we're looking at may not correspond to the driver package that you download.
Developers can even change the version number of an individual driver and leave it in the same update package as the previous version.

I skimmed through the drivers listing and the Broadcom NetXtreme II driver dates from 2013.  I'd suggest seeing if you can find an update for it.

b06bdrv      Broadcom NetXtreme II  Broadcom NetXtreme II  Kernel        Manual     Stopped    OK         FALSE       FALSE        0                 221,184     0          5/02/2013 5:47:18 AM   C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bxvbda.sys           4,096   

More info on this driver here:  http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bxvbda.sys

Unfortunately, Broadcom sold these products to QLogic, and I can't find any drivers for the BCM43xx line there.

I downloaded this wireless driver from Asus ( Version 6.34.223.5&6.34.223.5&7.35.317.1 ) and it doesn't have the bxvbda.sys driver included.

In short, I wouldn't worry about that one right now unless you're using VM type software (Hyper-V, VMWare, VirtualBox, etc)

If needed, we can remove it manually - but I suspect that it's not the source of your problems (so it's best to leave well enough alone).

If you're considering wiping Windows, please try these things first:

DISM and SFC:

Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt).  Press Enter after each one:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

FYI - I have repaired systems using the last command even though problems weren't found with the first 2 - so I suggest running them all.

From this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.

If that doesn't work, then try a Reset using the "Keep My Files" option.

If that doesn't work, then try the wipe.

Be sure to get ALL available Windows Updates before you install anything else.

Then, only install drivers for devices that have problems in Device Manager.
Then check Windows Update again.

I have 3 primary concerns about this system:

1)  The freezes that you were experiencing, and

2)  The Windows Updates problem, and

3)  The failure to install the testing stuff.

They may or may not be related.  My suspicions revolve around the video card, and then the motherboard, with the SSD running a distant 3rd (although other components may also be involved).

The DISM/Reset/and wipe should remedy the Windows Update problem, and maybe the failure to install stuff also.

A shop is equipped to deal with this, as they have the ability to reinstall the OS multiple times and they'll have the extra hardware to swap out while testing it.
The most important thing (for the tech) is that the problem is reproducible "at will" - so they can test the problem in the different configurations that they have available.

If you take it to a shop, be sure that the warranty for their work will cover it if the problem comes back within a reasonable amount of time.  We give a 30 day warranty on all repairs at my shop.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

I didn't see your note about the graphics card while writing my last post.

That seems to rule out the video card as a cause.

#10 SavageKarma

SavageKarma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

Well, after all that, I took it to parts supplier's tech bloke. Had him scratching his head too. He even replaced the graphics card as well (seems no one read my notes :(). As I got the mb at another mob I took it back there yesterday. They were going to rma it but my son spat the dummie and they replaced it with a new one. Everything's working fine now--no freezing. I'm not going to look at the event viewer--"if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Thanks for your help usasma, means a lot ...

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:03 PM

I'm glad that you got it fixed!

Thanks for letting us know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users