Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Printing Photo on iP7250

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:17 PM

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and I have a Canon iP7250 printer. I'm trying to print a photo on 6" x 4" glossy photo paper, but I keep getting this error:

Support code : 1007

Paper has run out.

Media type : Glossy Photo Paper

Page size : 4"x6" 10x15cm

Please can someone tell me how to stop this error from happening and print the photo?

Thank you,

Joe Beaven

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,678 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

Select Devices and Printers. Right click your printer and select Printer Preferences. Is Glossy Photo Paper selected as the Media and 4x6 the size? I am not sure of your printer. Make sure the source is your upper tray if that is in settings.

Did you see this on the Canon Support site? Type 1007 in the error code box

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

Check that you have the correct size of graphic paper in the upper casette. Sounds like the photo paper tray is empty (as JohnC posted above).

Edited by ranchhand_, 17 February 2016 - 06:13 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

I've discoverd the upper cassette for the first time, despite owning this printer for a couple of years, however when I try to print from it, rather than printing on the paper, the printer just creases it and then I get a paper jam error.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,678 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

I would look for any small piece of debris in the paper path. See this page. Run a thicker piece of paper through the cassette path may clear the jam.

#6 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:44 AM

There doesn't appear to actually be a paper jam. I can print A4 sheets fine. The problem is that whenever I try to print on 4x6 photo paper it just creases the paper a bit and leaves it in the tray.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,678 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

There may be a physical switch or setting for thicker paper but I would contact Canon Support.

#8 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the link. I've sent them a message.

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,678 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

If Canon solves the problem, please post the solution, thanks.

#10 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

Sorry for posting back so late.....in that printer is a command for cleaning the rollers that "grab" the paper stock and move it into position; sometimes they get a bit smooth and must be cleaned. I had jamming/mounting problems and ran that command once and that solved this issue. 

[attachment=177065:Snap 2016-02-23 at 08.24.02.jpg]

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#11 mylonojr

mylonojr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

I also own a Canon ip7250 and I don't know anything about an upper tray. Are you talking about the CD tray? I'm asking because I am facing the same problem with printing photos.

#12 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,589 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:59 PM

Popular printers - I too have one !

The lower tray where your normal paper goes - you put two fingers into the gap under the paper catching tray with your fingers pointing down to pull it out. If you put your fingers in with them pointing up - with the palm of your hand facing upwards - you will find yourself pulling out the upper paper tray.

Because it is all in the same black plastic and the face slopes downwards and away from you it is not that easy to see. But don't feel embarassed by not having found it before. I had my first Pixma printer for something like two and a half years before I discovered I could print direct onto a CD !

Cchris Cosgrove

#13 mylonojr

mylonojr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:39 AM

WOW! Thanks. I didn't see that coming. Can't thank you enough. :love4u: :bananas:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users