Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High Resources Windows 10 Processes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abckid24

abckid24

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

Hi, originally Windows 10 was running smooth for me. Since maybe the last major update, things have just been running really laggy. Here's a couple processes I saw that are using up a good amount of CPU/RAM.

High%20Resources%20Windows%2010%20Proces

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

Not having a clue as to what your CPU and memory is, or what your computer was doing when you got those figures, I'm afraid it's impossible to guess.  Try running Speccy and posting the results here, and we can take a look.  I have to point out that Windows has a lot of timed tasks that periodically wake up and do things "under the covers", so that 11.4% could something like that.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 rpbtf

rpbtf

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

Hello,

Microsoft Windows Search updates its index at a regular basis. If you don't use Windows Search very often you could set the Windows Search Service to disabled (recommended on SSD).

Ralf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users