Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Chronos 770 RAM upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kaktuar

Kaktuar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:26 AM

Hello, I have a Samsung Chronos np770z5E s01fr which have 8Go of RAM.
I've seen that my computer had one 4Go RAM fixed and an other one free.
I want to change the free 4Go RAM by a 8Go RAM.

First, is it possible ? Because I've seen on some review (like that one http://www.laptopspirit.fr/128643/fnac-samsung-chronos-...) that the max ram was 8. Is it true ?

And if I can add RAM, what should I buy ? I know nothing about that kind of stuff. May this RAM (http://www.amazon.fr/HyperX-Impact-HX316LS9IB-1600MHz-S...) fit with my computer ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

Go to Crucial.com and download and run their "Crucial System Scanner". It will tell you exactly what you have in your system, the maximum it's capable of, and then show you their available "guaranteed compatible" upgrades.

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

For the record gigabyte is abbreviated GB not Go.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users