Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox problem with links

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alekplus

alekplus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:56 AM

Hi to all. This is my first time to writing on forum. So please if there is some error tell me.

About 2 weeks before I got some problem with my firefox. Every second or third or forth... click on link it goes to some random page.

Let's make example...

I open apple.com web site and that works. I open iMac and that go as well. But then i click on iPhone end it send me to let's say alibaba.com and that do in the same tab (no new window or new tab). Then I need to go back and again click on the link and this time it works. But then on other links it send me to other website (not always the same). 

You never know when it will send you. Will ti be every second click or third or forth or fifth....

I have run antivirus both in safe mode and normaly when windows is up, and it could not find anything.

Can you tell me what is the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 687 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

Since that sounds like your computer may be infected, you might want to try posting your problem here: Bleeping Computer > Am I Infected? What do I do? How do I get help? Who is helping me?

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Does the same thing happen in Safe Mode with Networking?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

I've never had that happen with Firefox in the 6 or so years I've been using it, so I agree with SpywareDoc that you must have something corrupt or infected.  I guess you're on the current version of Firefox, 44.0.2.  Before posting in the Am I Infected forum, you could try running the command sfc /scannow from an administrative command prompt.  If that doesn't fix the problem, you could also download MalwareBytes and do a scan with it.

Good luck.

Edited by Niweg, 20 February 2016 - 11:52 AM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users