Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Malware Page keeps Google chrome locked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Broski899

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:55 AM

Hello, while I was just browsing through a wikia on my phone, I suddenly got redirected to a malware page and I've tried many times to exit by pressing the back button on my phone but the page ignored me and continued to direct me there anyhow. Anyway the problem is that the Google chrome app always opens the last page you were on each time you launch it so each time I use chrome I get stuck with the malware page and I can't exit the tab nor can I leave the page in any way. The only thing I can press is the "OK" button when it tells me "your phone has been infected with malware. Please scan it to remove the virus." Its not word for word but that's basically what it tells me. Question is: how do I remove the page without having to open chrome and run the risk of completely locking my phone up? Is there any way to open chrome on a fresh tab without having to open it and be on the last page I was on? I have a ZTE Grand X Android. Please help I can't do anything with this bothersome page :/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rpbtf

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

try the following: Go to 'Preferences' -> 'Apps', tap on Chrome, then on 'Clear cache' and 'Clear data'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users