Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Way to connect HDD/SDD to MB missing from Laptop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MZAdotcom

MZAdotcom

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:22 AM

Hi, all:

This is a bit of an unusual problem: I have a used laptop received from a friend that is missing, for lack of a better, more technical word, a way to connect any HDD/SSD to the motherboard.  Please see the attached pics.

As you can see in the highlighted red areas, part of a connection is there, but you can also see 2 missing screw holes.  Whatever is needed/missing, connects using those screw holes.

So my question is, what is the part that I need to be able to connect a SSD/HDD on the LT?

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

Cheers.

Attached Files

Edited by MZAdotcom, 17 February 2016 - 08:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:49 AM

Whatever is missing (some kind of adapter/caddy/frame) is almost certainly specific to that particular model of laptop, so you will need to provide a full & accurate model number.

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,031 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:58 AM

Hi,

So my question is, what is the part that I need to be able to connect a SSD/HDD on the LT?

Its something like this but as you can see in the page it's specific for certain models you will need to search for one that matches what you have.

Edited by SleepyDude, 17 February 2016 - 05:58 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 MZAdotcom

MZAdotcom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

Hi,

Its something like this but as you can see in the page it's specific for certain models you will need to search for one that matches what you have.

Thank you both, rqt and SleepyDude:

SleepyDude: I believe the part you've linked to is *exactly* what I'm looking for, down to the model # it's for.  My LT is the HP Pavilion dv6000.  Will be placing the order soon.

Thanks again.  Love this site.  I will definitely be donating to you guys ASAP.  Keep up the fantastic work!

I will update once the part is received, installed and tested.  Cheers.

Attached Files

Edited by MZAdotcom, 17 February 2016 - 09:35 PM.

#5 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,031 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:19 AM

but as you can see in the page it's specific for certain models you will need to search for one that matches what you have.

Thank you both, rqt and SleepyDude:

SleepyDude: I believe the part you've linked to is *exactly* what I'm looking for, down to the model # it's for.  My LT is the HP Pavilion dv6000.  Will be placing the order soon.

Just for the record I'm not recommending to purchase on that particular website, don't know nothing about them! I searched for images only to give you the idea about what to look for.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#6 MZAdotcom

MZAdotcom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:58 PM

Just for the record I'm not recommending to purchase on that particular website, don't know nothing about them! I searched for images only to give you the idea about what to look for.

Thank you for the heads up.  Normally cross check sites I make purchases on/give my crucial private info to, but I went ahead and ordered the part already from this online retailer.  Call it me wanting to expedite a solution.  I know better.  Afterwards, I checked their Yelp, BBB and other ratings; not good :smash: .  Hopefully it'll be a non-problematic transaction, but we shall see.

I'll update when all is said and done.

#7 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,031 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:09 PM

Thank you for the heads up.  Normally cross check sites I make purchases on/give my crucial private info to, but I went ahead and ordered the part already from this online retailer.  Call it me wanting to expedite a solution.  I know better.  Afterwards, I checked their Yelp, BBB and other ratings; not good :smash: .  Hopefully it'll be a non-problematic transaction, but we shall see.

I only notice now the price on that page it's not very expensive and it seems a legit business.

Hope all goes well.

___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users