Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Herdprotect found stuff but AVG free, MB, Spybot did not. Do I remove items?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 trashywoman

trashywoman

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:42 PM

I have been having some problems with PCKEEPER popups but it isn't installed on my pc. Last week someone told me the popup was probably being "triggered by a re-targeting link" such as Photobucket, which is what site it would show up on. Searched online and found a solution and it worked...for a few days and now it's back again.

Also since then, computer is doing the cannot display webpage more and more often, not responding to mouse clicks so I knew something was going on. Forgot to mention memory is running really high and have gotten RAM message when trying to save a Word document but I have plenty of memory. Several svchosts run at once, tried stopping some autorun programs to see if that would help but not really.

Today, I ran Herdprotect and it came up with 5 files with 3 different issues. I saved the log and did not remove the items because I wanted to make sure they were not false positives because the all had the Win32 in their name and didn't want to mess up computer. Really didn't find anything I could understand online so left them alone and ran AVG free, Malwarebytes and Spybot. They found nothing. So I need someone to look at the names of these files and tell me if I should delete them, please.

BUT...in prepping for this post, I did the FRST scan and looked at results. I have the logs for it saved. Really don't understand any of it except all the arrows pointing to many files and the words ATTENTION next to it so I think I am in full blown messed up mode. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Regina

I have an HP p7-1380t running

Windows 7 Home Premium

SP1, 64 bit, all updated.

Edited by trashywoman, 16 February 2016 - 09:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InsufficientFunds

InsufficientFunds

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:19 PM

You are describing typical examples of symptoms by malware. Please post a screenshot of the malware detections along with any URLs herdprotect may provide to describe the malware usually found in a description after clicking selected malware.

HP Pavilion dv6t-7k Custom Windows 7 Professional x64 iPhone 6, iOS 9.2 (awaiting jailbreak) 

Cyber Security Instructor in Linux, Cisco Networking Academy and  Windows (XP thru 10, Servers)

I try to make my tomorrow better than yesterday.

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:56 AM

Since you already run FRST, it is best that you post it in the appropriate forum to be looked over by a trained helper.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

#4 trashywoman

trashywoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:13 AM

I started a new topic in the forum using the same title as here. Posted logs and link back to this topic. I attached logs because it said "attach files" but I thought on other posts I have followed you guys say to paste the logs, not attach so I am confused. If I need to PASTE them let me know.

New post is here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605670/herdprotect-found-stuff-but-avg-free-mb-spybot-did-not-do-i-remove-items/

Really appreciate your service.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,273 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:11 AM

Now that you have reposted in the MRL forum, this topic is closed to avoid confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users