Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Malfunction

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:14 PM

Can someone help me with this?

Error message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

I tried to update the driver but it said that there was no new updates. Will I have to purchase a new videocard? I really don't want to have to do that. It said I could bring down the Hardware Accelerator to None but I would lose performance so I don't want to have to do that either.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:31 PM

This is from the MS Knowledgebank:
CAUSE
This issue might occur if the display driver is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This issue typically indicates a problem with the video hardware or that the display driver cannot program the hardware correctly.

First thing to do would be to uninstall your current video card driver (even if it is current) and reinstall the latest software (even if it is the same).
Next thing (if that doesn't resolve the problem) is (unfortunately) perhaps tuning down the performance - usually hangs or loops with most things are caused by asking too much...

Hope that helps!! :thumbsup:
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:59 PM

Thanks for the help. I read that as well from the knowledge bank. I was going to try and re install the driver and hope for the best. Hopefully I will not have to replace the card. If I tune down the performance how much would I lose?

#4 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:45 PM

I couldn't imagine you would lose out too much. I don't really play around with the automated performance settings (like in my BIOS for the Gigabyte MoBo, I have turbo settings for the VPU, but it gives warnings (not in very good english however) that playing around might wreck your hardware!!) coz I just can't afford for anything to go wrong.

You would be surprised at the amount of things you can tweak before you need to actually adjust timings/voltages etc. I would look for an nVidia Tweak Guide. www.TweakGuides.com released one for the ATI Catalyst which worked a treat, and may also have one for the nVidia (not sure what software you use).

But either way, give the driver refresh a go, and if you still have dramas, turn down your settings. :thumbsup:
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#5 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:21 AM

I found a new version eventually and so far no problems! Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users