Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forced Spaces on Word 2016

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CookieBug363

CookieBug363

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

I was having trouble with Microsoft Word 2016. I wanted to have no jagged sides, so I fixed it to do that. But now there are unusually large spaces between words. I tried to do I forced space like I did in Windows 8 but it didn't work. Any suggestions for Windows 10 forced spaces?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:19 PM

When you justify paragraphs, MS Word will equalize the spacing between words that are on the same line.  If you think about, this is the only way your paragraphs can end up being aligned to both the left and right margins.  Obviously, there are times when this can result in large unsightly spaces.  The only way to avoid these unsightly spaces is to hyphenate some words.  I don't use MS Office, but there should be a setting somewhere that will apply hyphenation for you automatically.  You can check to see if this setting is on.  Also, it's possible that "hyphenation" dictionaries may be available for you to install to help with this.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

When you say a "forced space" do you mean a non-breaking space? You should be able to insert one using ctrl+shift+space.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

I think she is referring to paragraph justification.  She wants text to be aligned to both the right and left margins hence the reference to "no jagged sides".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users