Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IT Support

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 crosssection

crosssection

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

We are running a small scale business and we only have 2 IT staff to look after our internet / network / computer needs. This year, we're planning to expand and of course we will be adding more staff and computers. However, we are thinking if it would be better to just hire IT services who would manage our all our IT needs rather than hiring our own additional employees. We have read some positive opinions about this and we want to get more before we finally decide. Would you mind sharing your thoughts, pros and cons, please? Thanks.

Edited by crosssection, 16 February 2016 - 07:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

How large is your company?  Two full time IT staff should be able to handle at least 100 users, and that's being conservative.

For a small shop it makes sense to bring in professionals for jobs you don't normally do, new network runs and server migrations, however the day to day is best handled by employees who know the environment.

This is how I got into IT in the first place.  My company hired an outside company to install a network and server and then I stepped up to take care of everything.  I looked at my main goal was to keep the other company out and only called them in when it was something I couldn't handle.

IT contract employees are expensive.  In 1999 I worked for a contracting house and my billing would be any where from $50 to $120 an hour depending on the work I was doing.

When you go with any outside source you never know who you're going to get.  The good thing is you can request someone else if you have issues with someone.  The bad is you may not get the person you like all of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users