Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Integrated Audio After Going from Win 7 to Win 10,Unable To Restore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phabeon

Phabeon

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:40 PM

Hello all,

HP dc7800 SFF 

Specs:

Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @2.33GHz
Process Speed: 2333/1333 
Memory Size: 1024 MB DDR2/667 MHz/Dual Channel 512MB x2
Harddrive: 80GB

Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

I upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade option during that initial period, anyways ever since I lost my integrated audio.  There is no speakers but it must have like a built in speaker on the motherboard.

The only way I can hear stuff now is by plugging in headphones but I would like to restore my integrated audio. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers and no go

I went the HP site, linked above, downloaded them all again and still no go.. 

HP doesn't have anything for Windows 10, Windows 7 is the latest system they supported this machine thru..

any suggestions or help is appreciated..

oNe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to your sound device in Device Manager? If so then right click the device and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Post the first line.

#3 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to your sound device in Device Manager? If so then right click the device and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Post the first line.

No exclamation marks anywhere in Device Manager, but I went into Sounds anyways and it tells me, "this device is working normally"

I'm at a loss here..

oNe

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:21 AM

If there are no yellow exclamation marks and the driver is stated as working then I am not sure what else to try.

Right click the sound device in Device Manager. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Post the first line. According to the specs of the computer the audio chipset is ADI so it may be hard to find a Windows 10 driver. Dells have had problems upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 especially their WiFi chipsets.

#5 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:33 PM

here is what I got... 

Attached Files

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:25 PM

I could not find any Windows 10 driver for that chipset. You can try the following in order.

Right click the device and select update driver. See if Windows updates the driver through the internet

Uninstall the driver in Device Manager and then Scan for New Hardware. Windows 10 should pick up the chipset and reinstall the driver. See the following link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Last hope would be to try this driver. Even if it is not listed for your chipset it may work. This is a legitimate site so do not worry about the download.

Edited by JohnC_21, 18 February 2016 - 01:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users