Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

System restarts automatically

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AMDGuru

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

I just built a new system with an Intel Core i7 6700k, GIGABYTE Z170X Gaming 7 motherboard and a GIGABYTE R9 390 GPU.  I also have a Samsung 950 PRO M.2 SSD (boot drive) Samsung 850 PRO 2.5" SSD and Windows 10 Pro.  

I first got all the parts and built the system and everything worked fine.  I installed Windows and began running burn in tests on the GPU.  The computer was great.  Then I received my Corsair accessories like my light bar upgrade kit for the Dominator Platinum DDR4, blue individually sleeved DC cable kit for the AX860i and a front I/O panel for the Obsidian Series 350D(it was for a USB 3.0 exchange on my 650D case).  

So after I changed out front USB 3.0 port cables, swapped out all the cables running into the PSU, and changing the light bars on the DIMMs, I put it all together and I got nothing on the motherboard.  The system wouldn't even start up.  In fact, none of the LED lights on the motherboard worked.  So after playing with some cables, I got the lights to work, but then the system would shut off and restart automatically.  So I changed out the motherboard and GPU.  I then put the system back together and it still wanted to reboot automatically.  I then waited 2 weeks to exchange the RAM, but it still does the same thing.  Finally, I just swapped out the Corsair H105 AIO cooler and still the same thing.  All the lights come on, all fans start, the H105 looks like it's starting, but then after 5 seconds, it shuts back off.  

At this point I'm wondering if the Isopropyl Alcohol I used to clean my beautiful 6700k killed it.  So to recap, I'm not getting any video and the system shuts off and restarts automatically.  Any help is appreciated. 

Mod Edit:  Not a dupe topic, OP reposted as instructed, closed other topic - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 17 February 2016 - 08:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WebWalker67

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:13 PM

If you having problem with system, try boot it up with minimum components.

Basically I will remove the motherboard from the case and boot it up will minimum components (bare bone) - boot it up with just RAM and on-board graphic adapter.

If it is boot up okay, then I will start adding additional component  like GPU one at the time to find out which component is having problem.

#3 RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,446 posts
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

What happened when you put everything back, original parts, original hookups, like it was during the great running days?

Edited by RolandJS, 17 February 2016 - 02:56 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users