Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RunDLL error on startup

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nikilet

Nikilet

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

I'm getting 

RunDll

There was a problem starting C:\PROGRAM

The specified module could not be found.

What program is this referring to? Anyone know what to do about fixing it?

I don't see to be having any specific problems and don't know what could have brought it on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

Please run Autoruns. No installation required. Simply run the executable file.

Run the program.

Select File in the upper left corner.

Click Save...

Change the File Type to: Text (*.txt)

Save the file to your desktop.

Attach the file to your next reply.

#3 Nikilet

Nikilet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:13 AM

Before I follow your instructiions, I Googled Clean Boot and all that stuff, and I think I found it. 

Under msconfig/Startup tab I believe it's Intel® USB 3.0 Monitor.

I Googled that and found this:

The job of this utility was to monitor the functionality and system usage of your USB ports in the background and look for any possible problems. All Windows Operating Systems have a core USB Monitoring system already and the Intel Utility is not necessary in any way. Intel wanted to use a toolIntel Made to monitor USB related system problems etc. But it isn't necessary and can be stopped and removed.

I thought I would just disable it. But I have to wonder what went wrong to start generating this error message I've been getting, Also have to wonder if this has any effect on the USB external HD I have plugged into  my laptop???

Will wait to hear what you have to say.

#4 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

The program may need to be reinstalled, but I don't believe it's really needed.

#5 Nikilet

Nikilet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:40 AM

I was hoping you had come across something in that Autoruns you had me run because i no longer think it's Intel® USB 3.0 Monitor.

I started all over again tonight, first with the Clean Boot//Services. I got all the way through Services without the DLL thing appearing.

Then I went to Startup tab. I got through 75% of that before it appears and now I've been going back and forth through those last 8 items but nothing is happening like it should Sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't. I notice I get that deep sound when that DLL window pops up, but sometimes I get it when it doesn't also and I went to Control Panel/Sound/Sounds and the sound I am hearing is called Critical Stop.

#6 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:16 AM

Please run AutoRuns - then save it as an ARN file (default file extension), so we all can take a look at exactly what it is that you're seeing -- or not seeing.

Thanks.

Zip up the ARN file and attach it to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 18 February 2016 - 02:17 AM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#7 theonetwo

theonetwo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:14 AM

Why does my computer boot up again slowly like that, when it gets into chorme trimmer and can not control that. who knows his way with just Dum thanks.

#8 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:57 AM

I was hoping you had come across something in that Autoruns you had me run because i no longer think it's Intel® USB 3.0 Monitor.

Well, you did not attach the Autoruns text file like I requested.

And the reason I'm not asking for the .arn file, which would indeed make it easier to read, is that I'm on a XP Pro (32-bit) computer, not Windows 7. I won't be able to read it properly.

#9 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:12 AM

Please disregard my request for the Autoruns text file and attach the .arn file instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users