Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop won't let me save/upload/download anything

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tess521616

Tess521616

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

So, I am trying to upload a picture to this site, but every time I press "Choose File" nothing happens. The same goes for when I want to save a picture from anywhere online. I right click, press "Save image as..." and nothing pops up. It isn't that access isn't allowed because if I click and drag the image to my desktop I am able to use it, but nothing will pop up to save when I try to straight from the browser. I am using an admin account as well. Also, any time I try to download anything, for instance, screenshot/photo-sharing software nothing happens when I press the button. I have a Pavilion dv7 HP if that helps, it is originally a windows 7 but I recently updated to a windows 10. I am not sure if the update had anything to do with this, but prior to it I never had this problem and I am only recently noticing it. Does anyone know how to fix this? It is becoming increasingly frustrating.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

There's definitely something abnormal about that.  Start an administrator command prompt and issue this command: sfc /scannow .

Be awawe that it will run a while, 10-30 min. in most cases.  Then download MalwareBytes, get it up to date, and do a scan.  If the problem persists, create a post in the Am I Infected forum.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 Tess521616

Tess521616
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

Thank you for the help, how do i start an "administrator command prompt"? 

#4 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

Thank you for the help, how do i start an "administrator command prompt"? 

Find the icon by clicking on the windows icon In the bottom left, then right clicking on cmd prompt icon, or put cmd in search windows and right click the icon that shows. Then click run as administrator.

#5 Tess521616

Tess521616
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

Okay, so I opened the window and typed in "sfc /scannow" and it is telling me I have to be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. I am on an administrator account, so I don't know why it wont work. 

#6 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:19 PM

" I am on an administrator account, so I don't know why it wont work."

Although you are using an administrator account, when you pull up the command prompt icon as requested, right click and select Run  As Administrator

#7 Tess521616

Tess521616
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:42 PM

Okay, its working. Thank you guys so much! i hope this fixes the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users