Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot - True Sword

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vicmax

vicmax

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:49 PM

Ive just run a scan with Spybot and it found two entries by the name 'True Sword' and i have never heard of this.Ive never installed anything with that name.

Ive ran all other scans and they come up clean. Even the online scans.

According to Spybot its removed it, but im just wondering what this is, any ideas?

Thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:15 PM

Googling "True Sword" produces a ton of download sites. Spybot lists it as malware. One bad review stating it was junk. You might look in your ad/remove and see if it is there. I would also run some scans with Ewido and an antivirus in case what Spybot found was dropped there by a trojan. Keep in mind that Spybot has been known to report false/positives.

Edited by buddy215, 30 July 2006 - 09:16 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 vicmax

vicmax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:51 AM

Thanks Buddy 215.

Ive ran all of my scanners and online ones, and they find nothing. Since then, ive not found anything but does anyone know why this came up if it hadnt developed into a full blown problem, i dont get it! :thumbsup:

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

'True Sword' is on the Spyware Warrior: Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware guide...... take a look ..Here
That may explain why 'Spybot' flagged it up.

Edited by Starbuck, 05 August 2006 - 11:06 AM.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users