Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio2.exe, what is it?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BadBrain9

BadBrain9

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

Hi,

I already posted this on another forum, and they instructed me to ask this from this forum. The forum I posted this first is called anandtech.

I was surfing normally using google, and all of a sudden my computer freezed and it started downloading a program called audio2.exe, or audio2 something. It downloaded it rather slowly so I tried to shut my computer but the program didn't allow my computer to shut down until the download was completed. After that my computer restarted and everything seems seemingly normal. I'm 100 percent certain that I didn't download the file.

So what is this file?

I am aware that all kinds of spying programs exist, but who is insane enough to spy other people? Norton doesn't find it, nor does malwarebytes. How can I get rid of this program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

What Windows OS are you using?

Was a restore point created?

What security programs do you have installed and which ones are active/ real time protection?

Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

• List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
  • List Restore Points

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
  • Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.
NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.
NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 BadBrain9

BadBrain9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.

When I click the fist link it says, "Not found. The requested URL /SecurityCheck.exe was not found on this server". When I click the second link, it goes to

Actually this forum doesn't allow me to write where the second link leads. Very strange indeed???

So is it safe?

Edited by BadBrain9, 15 February 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

I just experienced a bit of problem with BC, too.

skip that scan for now....post the mini toolbox results

EDIT: Download Security Check from Downloading SecurityCheck

Edited by buddy215, 15 February 2016 - 05:00 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 BadBrain9

BadBrain9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

I just experienced a bit of problem with BC, too.

skip that scan for now....post the mini toolbox results

EDIT: Download Security Check from Downloading SecurityCheck

I downloaded it and norton deleted it instantly.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:26 PM

Disable Norton's real time protection...

#7 BadBrain9

BadBrain9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:01 PM

The plot thickens.

At this point it seems that the problem is a program called audiodg.exe. It is indeed located in the windows/system32 folder, but windows does not allow me to delete this file because it claims that I am not the administrator of this computer.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/audiodg.exe.html

How do I delete this program?

Edited by BadBrain9, 21 February 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:55 PM

Let's see if you can follow these instructions:

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users