Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSU problem or?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Obfkhalp

Obfkhalp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

I built a PC a few days ago, only the second one I've ever built. It works great for the most part but sometimes, when I turn it on or off, it will flash all of its lights (the fans, the lights on the video card, but NOT the power LED, strangely enough). It will do this endlessly until I switch off the PSU, after which it will do it a few more times and then stop.

Obviously, when this happens at startup, it won't come on. It just flashes its lights until I shut the power off. When it happens at shut down, it'll start flashing after the monitor turns off -- about when a healthy, normal PC would be completely off, mine will instead be flashing its lights. When this happens, no fans are spinning.

I've checked all the connections. I've checked that the heatsink is all the way in (it's stock). I've moved my one 8GB RAM stick. I've checked my temps, they're reasonable. When it does work, I don't know why. I just keep trying it, and it eventually works and runs perfectly fine for hours on end.

What could this be? Thanks in advance.

My build:
Asrock H97M Anniversary
Intel i3 4170
EVGA 500B
GTX 950
Crucial Ballistix RAM
WD Blue

Edited to add: Sorry if this isn't the right place, I'm new here.

Edited by Obfkhalp, 14 February 2016 - 01:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:59 PM

try to reconnect your 24 pins cable on your motherboard

it have to be locked

what is your psu ?

try to reconnect your case cables on your motherboard system panel and check the polarity some times you have to connect the cable with the correct polarity

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:35 AM

Swap your power supply out with another to check if it is good or not.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

check the polarity some times you have to connect the cable with the correct polarity

The SATA power connectors are keyed in such a fashion that it is not possible to connect them incorrectly.  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Mars86

Mars86

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:55 AM

Sounds like a potential power supply issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users