Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

id-2388951881453869-paycrypt@aol

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 bijupdxb

bijupdxb

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

My files are encrypted with .id-2388951881453869-paycrypt@aol - (Dos Applicaiton) asking ransom to decrypt

File:File

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InsufficientFunds

InsufficientFunds

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:26 PM

Are you asking that someone decrypts your file? The webpage you have us sent to is flagging as insecure.

K4rYMM0.png

Edited by InsufficientFunds, 14 February 2016 - 01:27 PM.

HP Pavilion dv6t-7k Custom Windows 7 Professional x64 iPhone 6, iOS 9.2 (awaiting jailbreak) 

Cyber Security Instructor in Linux, Cisco Networking Academy and  Windows (XP thru 10, Servers)

I try to make my tomorrow better than yesterday.

#3 bijupdxb

bijupdxb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

That was the effected files for reference.  reattached with Googledrive.

I tried some decrypting tools form Kaspersky & ESST site but no luck.

File: File.rar

Are you asking that someone decrypts your file? The webpage you have us sent to is flagging as insecure.

#4 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:02 PM

Most likely one of the "@" ransomwares. You can try the Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor, some have reported success using it. Try it on a sample file to see if it works.

By time I bypassed all of the Chrome warnings for that site, the download expired or something.

Here is the VT page for the RAR file. The site itself is only flagged by Google, nothing else saw it as a threat as of now.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2412059a72194505045c94c96ccdd74fe0b61532dcc699e781139abdbdd726e0/analysis/1455476120/

If you could upload a sample without the malicious file. You may submit the malicious file here for the malware team to analyse with a link to this topic.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#5 InsufficientFunds

InsufficientFunds

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

Most likely one of the "@" ransomwares. You can try the Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor, some have reported success using it. Try it on a sample file to see if it works.

By time I bypassed all of the Chrome warnings for that site, the download expired or something.

Here is the VT page for the RAR file. The site itself is only flagged by Google, nothing else saw it as a threat as of now.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2412059a72194505045c94c96ccdd74fe0b61532dcc699e781139abdbdd726e0/analysis/1455476120/

If you could upload a sample without the malicious file. You may submit the malicious file here for the malware team to analyse with a link to this topic.

He stated that the Kaspersky decryptor did not work.

bijupdxb, have you attempted this specific decryption app?

Also, are you infected with this Ransomware currently displayed below this sentence?

http://interintra.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/paycrypt-demand-image.jpg

What you are experiencing is a strain of the CryptoLocker virus.

HP Pavilion dv6t-7k Custom Windows 7 Professional x64 iPhone 6, iOS 9.2 (awaiting jailbreak) 

Cyber Security Instructor in Linux, Cisco Networking Academy and  Windows (XP thru 10, Servers)

#6 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:21 PM

Do you have any copies of files from before they were encrypted? Or, if you have any of the sample pictures that were encrypted (e.g. C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures). I found an article claiming a Panda tool may work.

Otherwise you can try the usual recovery methods such as ShadowExplorer, Recuva, or PhotoRec.

@InsufficientFunds

I didn't see his reply as I was typing mine. I now see he re-uploaded using Google Drive and had tried Kaspersky tools. I've tried them on his files now without success either. :\

Edited by Demonslay335, 14 February 2016 - 02:23 PM.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#7 InsufficientFunds

InsufficientFunds

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:28 PM

Do you have any copies of files from before they were encrypted? Or, if you have any of the sample pictures that were encrypted (e.g. C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures). I found an article claiming a Panda tool may work.

Otherwise you can try the usual recovery methods such as ShadowExplorer, Recuva, or PhotoRec.

@InsufficientFunds

I didn't see his reply as I was typing mine. I now see he re-uploaded using Google Drive and had tried Kaspersky tools. I've tried them on his files now without success either. :\

That's not a problem, actually very funny.

I would like to add that I found a solution to your problem, bijupdxb.

1. Download the program Panda Ransomware Decrypt.

pandaunransom.exe Download Link (this will open on a new window)

2. Save the file to your hard drive, Desktop, or any location.

3. Once the download completed, double-click on the file pandaunransom.exe to run it.

4. You will see Panda Ransomware Decrypt program. Please refer to the image below.

pandaransomware.png

5. Next, use Windows Explorer or My Computer to make a folder “PandaTest” and copy some of the encrypted files into this folder.

6. Go back to Panda Ransomware Decrypt program and click on Select Folder button. Select the newly created folder PandaTest.

7. Click on START button to begin. Process may take a while, please wait until it is completed.

8. If you were able to decrypt contents of the PandaTest folder, you may run the tool on all the affected files and folders on the computer.

Source:

hxxp:// malwarefixes.com/remove-paycrypt-virus-and-decrypt-files/

Please follow all the steps within this guide to repair your machine!

Reply back if you have any questions.

Mod Edit by quietman7: link to non-Bleeping Computer malware removal guide removed or disabled per this policy.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:47 PM

These "@" ransomwares are part of a ransomware kit that different affiliates utilize with their own payment email addresses and they all have similar messages.

0zpDM0m.png

lock.png

There are going discussions in these related topics where you can ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in one of the above topic discussions. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion...this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users