Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diretx Diagnostics Tool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bartel33

bartel33

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:04 PM

hello

I am using Nero Vision express to make some dvds and

when i go into it come up with

Hardware acceleration is deactivated and then says

you can activate hardware acceleration using the diretx diagnostics tool.

just wondering can some help me because i dont know how to do this.

would activating this also help when watching something in wndows media player

they are always so slow.

hope someone can help.
thanks
bartel33

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:35 AM

Do you have SP2 installed? There were several fixes for direct x in SP2.

Using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to diagnose problems

If you are experiencing problems when running Microsoft DirectX applications, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool can help you find the source of the trouble. Here are some of the things you should be looking for:

Incorrect versions of DirectX components.
In the Notes section of the DirectX Files page, look for warnings about beta and debug files. Beta files are early test versions and should not be installed with commercial programs.
Debug versions, which are used in program development, should not be installed with the final product. Debug versions of the components can cause programs to run much more slowly than they would with the retail versions.

Lack of hardware acceleration. Some programs run very slowly or not at all unless Microsoft DirectDraw or Direct3D hardware acceleration is available.
On the Display page, look under DirectX Features to see whether DirectDraw, Direct3D, or AGP Texture acceleration is marked "Not Available." If so, you might consider upgrading your hardware. Or if you are using a product in the Windows Server 2003 family, you may need to enable graphics acceleration. You can do this by opening Display in Control Panel, selecting the Settings tab, and then clicking Advanced. Select the Troubleshoot tab, and then move the Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.

Device not connected. If a joystick or other input device fails to respond, it may not be properly set up. Make sure the device is accounted for on the Input page of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. If not, add the device through Control Panel.

Unsigned drivers. Microsoft has not tested unsigned drivers for full compatibility with the latest version of DirectX. It is recommended that you use drivers that are digitally signed by Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).
-from Windows XP "Help"

Edited by Enthusiast, 31 July 2006 - 03:38 AM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:12 AM

Go to Start...Run...and type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and press Enter to access the DirectX Diagnostic Utility.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users