Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

?ool32.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rheanon Funnell

Rheanon Funnell

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:45 PM

It started with pop ups that went past our pop up blocker. then it showed up in our 'active connection' log in our firewall. I have installed the latest virus and malware scans, but nothing seems to find it or remove it. Now I'm getting scripting errors and more pop ups. We're on a restricted bandwidth usage plan, and this thing has hijacked our system so that I have taken to unplugging the modem when the computer is off. Any solutions???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

Here is a description of your .exe here. And with that being said, I would follow the link that is at the top of this forum next to a blue question mark. I'll add the link here for ease of finding it: Start Here!

Be (adware) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:06 AM

Go to Start > Control Panels > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs if listed:
PuritySCAN By OIN, OIN, OuterInfo or similar.
Reboot and delete this folder if found:
C:\Program Files\PurityScan\

If you do not see any icon for "OIN" or "(program) by OIN" in Add/Remove Programs, please do this:

Download and run the Purity Scan uninstaller.
This is the same Purity Scan stand-alone uninstall program mentioned by Symantec under removal instructions.
1. Save the Uninstaller to your desktop.
2. Double click on the OiUninstaller.exe icon on your desktop.
3. Click on "Run".
4. Enter the four digit code that is displayed and click on "Uninstall".
5. Click on "Ok" and reboot your computer.
6. Then delete this folder if found:
C:\Program Files\PurityScan\

Then if you still are having problems please follow Da Bleepin AniMod's instructions.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users