Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. No downloads work. No browers work.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jaybiggz

Jaybiggz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:09 AM

I have a very problematic machine that has ben giving me fits for days. I have been unable to get any browser to function. When attempting to visit any web page I receive the following message. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. I have done quite a bit of googling but have had no luck resolving this issue

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 17 February 2016 - 04:55 PM.
Moved from win 8/8.1 to 'Networking'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OliviaDrinkwine

OliviaDrinkwine

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:11 AM

What anti-virus are you using and what browser? since some anti-viruses can mess up your web browsers ability to access websites.

Edited by OliviaDrinkwine, 18 February 2016 - 01:12 AM.

#3 Jaybiggz

Jaybiggz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my late response. I don't have any of the former. I kinda stole the thread title from another user (geogogo). He had very similar issues. I tried to join the topic but its closed. Mod deeprybka locked the thread. Anyway I'm having dnsapi.dll problem's. I have followed instructions from his posts and have txt logs if needed.

#4 Jaybiggz

Jaybiggz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

It's been a few days and I have no response. Can anyone here help me?

#5 DefaultGateway

DefaultGateway

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

If you search on YouTube, you'll find some video's about that error.

Maybe one or more of those video's can help you out with your DNS Error.

#6 OliviaDrinkwine

OliviaDrinkwine

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:40 PM

well if it is on google chrome just try either restarting your computer (works for me 99% of the time) and if not just restart twice and if all that still doesn't fix it just restart your router i am hopeing that fixes it if not then just reply back and i will try my best to help you 

Edited by OliviaDrinkwine, 26 February 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#7 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

You said you are having dnsapi.dll problems? Please copy and paste any error messages or event logs related to those problems into your next post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users