My internet "was" working fine, till I bought a refurb dell desktop running Win7 Pro. It came with a wireless N adapter, I set it up everything worked fine.
About a week after I had it, pages wouldn't load unless I switched browsers plus I kept getting DNS error messages with troubleshooting.
So I changed DNS on both computer and router to googles. It worked lightening fast for about 2 days then it started up again. 75% of the time I will just lose internet on the desktop, however 25% of the time when its really bad (won't even load one page without dropping signal again) it will knock the router offline as well and tell me to restart modem.
Hence has started a long nightmare lol in which I have tried the following:
1. unplugged moden/router for 10 min
2. disabled windows firewall
3. pinged on laptop when desktop was having issues, it showed general error 25% loss however this doesn't always happen, sometimes when pages won't load desktop comes back 25% loss while laptop comes 0% loss
4. reset network adaptor
5. changed power management settings so computer could not turn off adapter
6. initial ping test would only ping ip address, not hostname (ping computer worked fine)
7. reset network adaptor worked great all day then started up again at night (which is usually when this starts up) pinged again came back 25% loss
8. scanned pc for virus
9. flushed dns/netsh
10. attempted to toss pc out window...just kidding...almost
Again, these problems with internet only started after I got the desktop.