Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INFECTION!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kylerc

Kylerc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:51 PM

Alright so, wake up, open laptop, and see that this program 'windows powershell' is running and I never opened it, most like if something opens that I did not open myself then it is most likely a virus I've tried to close the program but everytime I try it just goes into not responding and it does the same even if trying to close in task manager I've tried to scan with Spybot Search and Destroy avast avg and nothing has seemed to have found anything even when doing full system scans but I don't know if this is a virus. But this could possibly be a programmed in virus that is using Windows PowerShell to get administrator access to the computer and or hijack the computer please help as soon as possible this is been happening for about 2 weeks and I didn't really think of it before I just closed it somehow and left it until I noticed it starting to pop up more and more often and it was getting really annoying

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

Hi Kylerc :)

My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Check the following options:
    • Flush DNS;
    • Report IE Proxy Settings;
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings;
    • Report FF Proxy Settings;
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings;
    • List content of Hosts;
    • List IP Configuration;
    • List Winsock Entries;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      OQmAcqS.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users