Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What The Heck Is This Service?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 iqchicken

iqchicken

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:11 PM

I keep getting this informational alert in my event viewer. Anyone have any idea what it is?

"The b4q3b4ba service was successfully sent a start control."

I have done scumware scans using spybot, adaware, ewido
I have done virus scans using avg and avast
I have done an online virus scan with trend micro

I'm running windows xp media center SP2.

I can't see any "wrong" behaviour of my computer yet.. but I'd really just like to know what this is.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-2 STICKS OF 16GB DDR 3 RAM (G.Skill F3-10666CL9-8GBNT)

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:33 PM

Well, it doesn't sound good. Have you gone to services and clicked on it to see what it says about it and if there are any other dependencies? (Start -> Run -> type: services.msc)

Since it has random characters, and is not searchable, I automatically assume that it's bad.

What sort of antivirus and antispyware protections do you have? Have you kept up all your Windows Updates?

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:02 AM

Try searching your hard drive for b4q3b4ba and see what shows up. Often the directory that it's in will give a clue as to it's origin. Also, sometimes right clicking on the file and selecting "Properties" - then cruising through the tabs will give you the author's info.

There's no results for this on google - so as Herk says "automatically assume that it's bad".

Also, go to Start...Run...and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then scroll down until you find this service, right click on it and select Properties - then under Startup type select Disable. Once that's done, click on "Stop" to stop it from running.

You can also use msconfig from the Run dialog to see if it's in your startup items - and can disable it from there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 iqchicken

iqchicken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:20 PM

It's not listed in my services.msc. I have scanned with Ewido, adaware, spybot, avast, avg and online virus scan at trend micro. NO results! I've even posted a Hijack this log in another forum to be analyzed but it has been there for ten days with no results from that either.

The first thing I did myself was a google search and I didn't come up with anything.

I've searched my hard drive and my registry with no results.

I don't notice anything different happening on my computer, but I would really just like to know what it is.

Again, this only shows up in the event viewer. I'm beginning to suspect it has something to do with Battlefield 2, the game. But I'm not sure.. I'm looking at the times it lists in the event viewer as they correspond to the times I play BF2. I'm not quite sure if they match up yet.. still testing...

Edited by iqchicken, 31 July 2006 - 02:28 PM.

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

#5 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:01 PM

I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination.
A member of the HijackThis Team will walk you through, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.
Once you post your log, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

Read Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/ Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, as these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:

Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:21 AM

HJT logs are very complicated and take lot's of time to work on. I gave up on them when I studied the trade at spywareinfo.org because it was too hard! Have patience - their services are in great demand.

There's got to be some evidence of it on your system - otherwise it wouldn't show up in the event log. Try increasing the depth of your search - even looking for it in Hidden and System files.

Also, try a search for this as text within a file.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 iqchicken

iqchicken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

I've already searched "within a file" for the text. No results. I already have a Hijack this log posted at castlecops.com. It has been there for about 15 days. This thing is just plain weird.

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

Go to Start...Run...and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Then, from the Action menu choose Export List and save it as a text file. Then copy and paste it here - maybe we can find a "funky" service that might be the source of this.

#9 iqchicken

iqchicken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:34 AM

Here ya go. Hmm... I have no option to attach a file?

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:23 AM

Nope, no way to attach a file.

Open the file on your desktop, click on Edit, then Select All.

Then click on Edit again, and this time select Copy.

Then open up a reply to this post, right click on the blank reply space and select Paste.

Viola! The text will be copied to the post and you can then submit the post as usual.

#11 iqchicken

iqchicken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:08 PM

well i know i could have done that, but it is quite long.. I didn't think the admins would like me posting it.. but I guess I could :D

Name Description Status Startup Type Log On As
Adobe LM Service AdobeLM Service Disabled Local System
Alerter Notifies selected users and computers of administrative alerts. If the service is stopped, programs that use administrative alerts will not receive them. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local Service
Application Layer Gateway Service Provides support for 3rd party protocol plug-ins for Internet Connection Sharing and the Windows Firewall. Started Manual Local Service
Application Management Provides software installation services such as Assign, Publish, and Remove. Manual Local System
ASP.NET State Service Provides support for out-of-process session states for ASP.NET. If this service is stopped, out-of-process requests will not be processed. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Manual Network Service
Ati HotKey Poller Disabled Local System
Automatic Updates Enables the download and installation of Windows updates. If this service is disabled, this computer will not be able to use the Automatic Updates feature or the Windows Update Web site. Disabled Local System
avast! Antivirus Manages and implements avast! antivirus services for this computer. This includes the resident protection, the virus chest and the scheduler. Started Automatic Local System
avast! iAVS4 Control Service Provides automatic updating for the avast! antivirus. Started Automatic Local System
avast! Mail Scanner Implements mail scanning for avast! antivirus. Disabled Local System
avast! Web Scanner Implements web (HTTP) scanning for avast! antivirus. Disabled Local System
AVG E-mail Scanner Started Automatic Local System
AVG7 Alert Manager Server Started Automatic Local System
AVG7 Update Service Started Automatic Local System
Background Intelligent Transfer Service Transfers data between clients and servers in the background. If BITS is disabled, features such as Windows Update will not work correctly. Started Automatic Local System
ClipBook Enables ClipBook Viewer to store information and share it with remote computers. If the service is stopped, ClipBook Viewer will not be able to share information with remote computers. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local System
COM+ Event System Supports System Event Notification Service (SENS), which provides automatic distribution of events to subscribing Component Object Model (COM) components. If the service is stopped, SENS will close and will not be able to provide logon and logoff notifications. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local System
COM+ System Application Manages the configuration and tracking of Component Object Model (COM)+-based components. If the service is stopped, most COM+-based components will not function properly. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Manual Local System
Computer Browser Maintains an updated list of computers on the network and supplies this list to computers designated as browsers. If this service is stopped, this list will not be updated or maintained. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local System
Cryptographic Services Provides three management services: Catalog Database Service, which confirms the signatures of Windows files; Protected Root Service, which adds and removes Trusted Root Certification Authority certificates from this computer; and Key Service, which helps enroll this computer for certificates. If this service is stopped, these management services will not function properly. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local System
DCOM Server Process Launcher Provides launch functionality for DCOM services. Started Automatic Local System
DHCP Client Manages network configuration by registering and updating IP addresses and DNS names. Started Automatic Local System
Distributed Link Tracking Client Maintains links between NTFS files within a computer or across computers in a network domain. Started Automatic Local System
Distributed Transaction Coordinator Coordinates transactions that span multiple resource managers, such as databases, message queues, and file systems. If this service is stopped, these transactions will not occur. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Manual Network Service
DNS Client Resolves and caches Domain Name System (DNS) names for this computer. If this service is stopped, this computer will not be able to resolve DNS names and locate Active Directory domain controllers. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Network Service
Error Reporting Service Allows error reporting for services and applictions running in non-standard environments. Disabled Local System
Event Log Enables event log messages issued by Windows-based programs and components to be viewed in Event Viewer. This service cannot be stopped. Started Automatic Local System
ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard Started Automatic Local System
Fast User Switching Compatibility Provides management for applications that require assistance in a multiple user environment. Disabled Local System
Fax Enables you to send and receive faxes, utilizing fax resources available on this computer or on the network. Automatic Local System
Help and Support Enables Help and Support Center to run on this computer. If this service is stopped, Help and Support Center will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local System
HTTP SSL This service implements the secure hypertext transfer protocol (HTTPS) for the HTTP service, using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL). If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Manual Local System
Human Interface Device Access Enables generic input access to Human Interface Devices (HID), which activates and maintains the use of predefined hot buttons on keyboards, remote controls, and other multimedia devices. If this service is stopped, hot buttons controlled by this service will no longer function. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local System
IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service Manages CD recording using Image Mastering Applications Programming Interface (IMAPI). If this service is stopped, this computer will be unable to record CDs. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Manual Local System
Indexing Service Indexes contents and properties of files on local and remote computers; provides rapid access to files through flexible querying language. Manual Local System
InstallDriver Table Manager Provides support for the Running Object Table for InstallShield Drivers Manual Local System
Intel NCS NetService Supports Intel® PROSet for Wired Connections. Manual Local System
Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor Started Automatic Local System
Intel® Quick Resume Technology Drivers Intel® Quick Resume Technology Drivers Started Automatic Local System
iPodService iPod hardware management services Disabled Local System
IPSEC Services Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP security driver. Started Automatic Local System
Logical Disk Manager Detects and monitors new hard disk drives and sends disk volume information to Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service for configuration. If this service is stopped, dynamic disk status and configuration information may become out of date. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local System
Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service Configures hard disk drives and volumes. The service only runs for configuration processes and then stops. Manual Local System
Media Center Extender Service Disabled Local Service
Media Center Receiver Service Media Center Service for TV and FM broadcast reception Disabled Local System
Media Center Scheduler Service Disabled Local System
Messenger Transmits net send and Alerter service messages between clients and servers. This service is not related to Windows Messenger. If this service is stopped, Alerter messages will not be transmitted. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local System
MHN Multimedia Home Networking (MHN) is a networking platform for Audio Video (AV) streaming applications on IP home networks. MHN enhances AV streaming performance and reliability by ensuring network quality-of-service (QoS) for AV applications by providing mechanisms for admission control, run time monitoring and enforcement, application feedback, and traffic prioritization. Manual Local System
MS Software Shadow Copy Provider Manages software-based volume shadow copies taken by the Volume Shadow Copy service. If this service is stopped, software-based volume shadow copies cannot be managed. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Manual Local System
Net Logon Supports pass-through authentication of account logon events for computers in a domain. Manual Local System
NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing Enables an authorized user to access this computer remotely by using NetMeeting over a corporate intranet. If this service is stopped, remote desktop sharing will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local System
NetVeda Safety.Net NetVeda Safety.Net Service Started Automatic Local System
Network Connections Manages objects in the Network and Dial-Up Connections folder, in which you can view both local area network and remote connections. Started Manual Local System
Network DDE Provides network transport and security for Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) for programs running on the same computer or on different computers. If this service is stopped, DDE transport and security will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local System
Network DDE DSDM Manages Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) network shares. If this service is stopped, DDE network shares will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local System
Network Location Awareness (NLA) Collects and stores network configuration and location information, and notifies applications when this information changes. Started Manual Local System
Network Provisioning Service Manages XML configuration files on a domain basis for automatic network provisioning. Manual Local System
NT LM Security Support Provider Provides security to remote procedure call (RPC) programs that use transports other than named pipes. Manual Local System
Performance Logs and Alerts Collects performance data from local or remote computers based on preconfigured schedule parameters, then writes the data to a log or triggers an alert. If this service is stopped, performance information will not be collected. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Manual Network Service
Plug and Play Enables a computer to recognize and adapt to hardware changes with little or no user input. Stopping or disabling this service will result in system instability. Started Automatic Local System
Portable Media Serial Number Service Retrieves the serial number of any portable media player connected to this computer. If this service is stopped, protected content might not be down loaded to the device. Manual Local System
Print Spooler Loads files to memory for later printing. Started Automatic Local System
Protected Storage Provides protected storage for sensitive data, such as private keys, to prevent access by unauthorized services, processes, or users. Started Automatic Local System
QoS RSVP Provides network signaling and local traffic control setup functionality for QoS-aware programs and control applets. Manual Local System
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager Creates a connection to a remote network whenever a program references a remote DNS or NetBIOS name or address. Started Manual Local System
Remote Access Connection Manager Creates a network connection. Started Manual Local System
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager Manages and controls Remote Assistance. If this service is stopped, Remote Assistance will be unavailable. Before stopping this service, see the Dependencies tab of the Properties dialog box. Manual Local System
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Provides the endpoint mapper and other miscellaneous RPC services. Started Automatic Network Service
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator Manages the RPC name service database. Manual Network Service
Remote Registry Enables remote users to modify registry settings on this computer. If this service is stopped, the registry can be modified only by users on this computer. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local Service
Removable Storage Disabled Local System
Routing and Remote Access Offers routing services to businesses in local area and wide area network environments. Disabled Local System
Secondary Logon Enables starting processes under alternate credentials. If this service is stopped, this type of logon access will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local System
Security Accounts Manager Stores security information for local user accounts. Started Automatic Local System
Security Center Monitors system security settings and configurations. Disabled Local System
Server Supports file, print, and named-pipe sharing over the network for this computer. If this service is stopped, these functions will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local System
Shell Hardware Detection Provides notifications for AutoPlay hardware events. Started Automatic Local System
Smart Card Manages access to smart cards read by this computer. If this service is stopped, this computer will be unable to read smart cards. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Manual Local Service
SSDP Discovery Service Enables discovery of UPnP devices on your home network. Started Automatic Local Service
System Event Notification Tracks system events such as Windows logon, network, and power events. Notifies COM+ Event System subscribers of these events. Automatic Local System
System Restore Service Performs system restore functions. To stop service, turn off System Restore from the System Restore tab in My Computer->Properties Automatic Local System
Task Scheduler Enables a user to configure and schedule automated tasks on this computer. If this service is stopped, these tasks will not be run at their scheduled times. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local System
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Enables support for NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) service and NetBIOS name resolution. Started Automatic Local Service
Telephony Provides Telephony API (TAPI) support for programs that control telephony devices and IP based voice connections on the local computer and, through the LAN, on servers that are also running the service. Started Manual Local System
Telnet Enables a remote user to log on to this computer and run programs, and supports various TCP/IP Telnet clients, including UNIX-based and Windows-based computers. If this service is stopped, remote user access to programs might be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Disabled Local System
Terminal Services Allows multiple users to be connected interactively to a machine as well as the display of desktops and applications to remote computers. The underpinning of Remote Desktop (including RD for Administrators), Fast User Switching, Remote Assistance, and Terminal Server. Disabled Local System
Themes Provides user experience theme management. Started Automatic Local System
Uninterruptible Power Supply Manages an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) connected to the computer. Manual Local System
Universal Plug and Play Device Host Provides support to host Universal Plug and Play devices. Started Manual Local Service
Volume Shadow Copy Manages and implements Volume Shadow Copies used for backup and other purposes. If this service is stopped, shadow copies will be unavailable for backup and the backup may fail. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Manual Local System
WebClient Enables Windows-based programs to create, access, and modify Internet-based files. If this service is stopped, these functions will not be available. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local Service
Windows Audio Manages audio devices for Windows-based programs. If this service is stopped, audio devices and effects will not function properly. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local System
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Provides network address translation, addressing, name resolution and/or intrusion prevention services for a home or small office network. Started Automatic Local System
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Provides image acquisition services for scanners and cameras. Disabled Local System
Windows Installer Adds, modifies, and removes applications provided as a Windows Installer (*.msi) package. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Manual Local System
Windows Management Instrumentation Provides a common interface and object model to access management information about operating system, devices, applications and services. If this service is stopped, most Windows-based software will not function properly. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local System
Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions Provides systems management information to and from drivers. Manual Local System
Windows Time Maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped, date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
Disabled Local System
Windows User Mode Driver Framework Enables Windows user mode drivers. Manual Local Service
Wireless Zero Configuration Provides automatic configuration for the 802.11 adapters Disabled Local System
WMI Performance Adapter Provides performance library information from WMI HiPerf providers. Manual Local System
Workstation Creates and maintains client network connections to remote servers. If this service is stopped, these connections will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start. Started Automatic Local System

Edited by iqchicken, 03 August 2006 - 02:09 PM.

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

#12 Tzeentch4740

Tzeentch4740

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:02 PM

It HAS to be BF2 I have seen this same topic in a few places and it is always the same thing. There is no information that correlates except that the user was playing BF2 at about the same time. I also get the message The b4q3b4ba service was successfully sent a start control and I know I was playing BF2 during. I wonder if it is a built in Punkbuster update service or something.

#13 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,959 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

Something else you might try: Answers that Work has a program called the Ultimate TroubleShooter, and they have a demo. version. This program will list many or all of the services, running or not, on your computer as well as start-up items and other stuff. It will include the company name and file name and extension if that information is available. Now what I don't know is if the following feature will work or not in demo. mode. Right click on the service in question and select "explore the folder" (or something like that). It will say explore and it will say folder. There is a good chance this will tell you what program it is connected with. If that feature doesn't work in demo mode, you could do a google search on the file name and extension the program provides for you. The service, task, startup, etc. listing is a free function of the program. They update their database quite regularly, so if you opt to try this out, make sure to manually update each time before using it.

Note: I am not endorsing this product over any other. It is just one that I know about. Other members may know of others that work as well or better and may have full functioning completely free. I only mention this one because of its capability of sending you to the containing folder, and because it will also show you a program path and provide you with the file name and extension which you could then search for in google if the explore folder option isn't available in the demo mode.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#14 iqchicken

iqchicken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:16 PM

i agree that it is probably tied to battlefield 2, but it is kind of creepy that it is running incognito like that... it has also changed names as well... it is now a different set of random characters with the same behaviour... I hate that...

I'll give that program a try and see if I can find anything else out

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

#15 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,959 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:47 PM

It keeps changing its name? I think I'd freak out: I'd think it was a mutating virus or something.

If you do try out that program from Answers That Work, let us know what you find out.

Good luck,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users