Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lose Keys

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 durkinjt

durkinjt

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

Restored my computer to factory a while ago due to freezing, slowness, since then whenever I reboot I lose all my shortcut keys. I re-installed Setpoint and no help.All help appreciatd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

More details please.  Are you talking about the standard Windows shortcut keys like CTRL-C, CTRL-V for copy and paste, or are you talking about ones you've defined?  If the former, you've got corrupt or infected Windows files.  If the latter, you're going to have to re-enter them because with factory settings, you've essentially got what was shipped from MS with no knowledge of what you did before the restore.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have a Logitech K350 that has Keyboard shortcuts and Keyboard F shortcuts, when opening the Logitech setpoint icon it allows you to select a symbol on the keyboard and to select t"launch program" when the program assigned to that key is chosen it opens with that key.

#4 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

It sounds like you need to re-install the driver software that came with that Logitech keyboard.  That's not a part of the standard Windows system, so when you reset to factory settings, you most likely lost it.  If you don't have the install disc for that any more, you could probably download what you need from the Logitech web site.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#5 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:20 AM

Thank you for the reply. I have re-installed the drivers and even did a clean install to no avail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users