Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP 655 Notebook does not power on...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TinoNgombo

TinoNgombo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:25 PM

Hi there. I'm an IT Technician and I need some help from other pros...

A friend's HP 655 notebook doesn't switch on. Apparently, it got wet by rain water, and since then, we get no power response.

When I try to connect it to the current without its battery, there's no success. However, the LED that stays at the side where the charger connector normally connects is giving an indication that it is receiving current (i.e., a white light).

As soon as I connect it to the charger and try to power it on, the laptop makes a short clicking sound, but only once, coming from the upper left side, close to the power button.

What might be the cause? Is it a faulty motherboard or something else?

I look forward to learn from all of you :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users