Hi there. I'm an IT Technician and I need some help from other pros...
A friend's HP 655 notebook doesn't switch on. Apparently, it got wet by rain water, and since then, we get no power response.
When I try to connect it to the current without its battery, there's no success. However, the LED that stays at the side where the charger connector normally connects is giving an indication that it is receiving current (i.e., a white light).
As soon as I connect it to the charger and try to power it on, the laptop makes a short clicking sound, but only once, coming from the upper left side, close to the power button.
What might be the cause? Is it a faulty motherboard or something else?
I look forward to learn from all of you :-)